PDA

View Full Version : Something good,going bad about fishing

Wrist Twister
03-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I have only been a member of this forum for just over a year. The information that I have gained is terrific from the people that try to help you out. I'm
talking about, lure selection, ice thickness, bite is on or not on specific lakes
that are inquired about.ect.ect. But some of the members have a really negative attitude about some of the posts, I do not need to mention any specific posting. Could the negative comments please be kept to yourself. Some of us come on the forum to gain knowledge and learn from other peoples experiences in there fishing adventures, that are willing to share with us less experienced fisherman. I have found in the past this forum to be very helpful in my fishing experiences, but the two bit negative comments should not be posted, for respect of the other people on this forum. Everybody else seems to have an opinion whether good or bad, but this is mine and mine alone. So clean up your own door step before you start telling people how to
clean up there's.

Concerned forum member:)

Big.Bear
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Yes everyone wants the perfect forum but there will always be people with negative comments or people who stir the pot on purpose. Its the internet, no matter what you say or do you wont change a site. Best way to ignore it is to A. Ignore it B. Do not reply to it and C. If the threads getting out of hand and you don't like the comments then don't read it

and Im sure you know already but posts like this just stir the pot lol.

Scott N
03-05-2009, 03:18 AM
^^^Good Advice^^^

Hoser42
03-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Great write up :rolleye2:

d bowhunter
03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
A smart man learns from other peoples mistakes, a dum man learns from his own mistakes. Advice is power, this forum has helped me alot thanks to all the possitive people. DAVE

nicemustang
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Exactly...just started another thread that isn't necessary. Relax guys, its the internet. You don't need to need all posts and don't need to write or comment either. It's no different in any other forum, there are always people that do those things. It's a trade off for the information and help you do get those times you get them vs all the crap that is here too. Whoopie do IMO, if you want something more peaceful and positive...I suggest joining a church forum. My 2 cents.

Backwoods boy
03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I have only been a member of this forum for just over a year. The information that I have gained is terrific from the people that try to help you out. I'm
talking about, lure selection, ice thickness, bite is on or not on specific lakes
that are inquired about.ect.ect. But some of the members have a really negative attitude about some of the posts, I do not need to mention any specific posting. Could the negative comments please be kept to yourself. Some of us come on the forum to gain knowledge and learn from other peoples experiences in there fishing adventures, that are willing to share with us less experienced fisherman. I have found in the past this forum to be very helpful in my fishing experiences, but the two bit negative comments should not be posted, for respect of the other people on this forum. Everybody else seems to have an opinion whether good or bad, but this is mine and mine alone. So clean up your own door step before you start telling people how to
clean up there's.

Concerned forum member:)

Yea I agree with you, Im fairly new on the forum and already realisin some guys should keep their comments to themselves

bunnyhunter
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Best way to ignore it is to A. Ignore it B. Do not reply to it and C. If the threads getting out of hand and you don't like the comments then don't read it

I agree with Wrist twister, but yes this post could start things....

that advice is great....just we have to try not to take the bait of the stir crazies....or the just crazy. but it gets old... people hurling insults and obscenities...I try not to read them, but when you scroll down , sometimes its right there...:rolleye2: I keep trying to tell them they need a "Fight Club" section....

I have been on and off this site for years, have to say this years the worst I have seen it. however it IS worth sticking around to get to know the good guys...and gals :wave:

Fishin' Fool
03-05-2009, 10:25 AM
A handy feature this board has is the option to ignore specific posters. If you add a person to your ignore list, their posts won't even display in the thread. I found it was the same people being annoying time and again, so I put 4 people on my ignore list and it's made this board far more enjoyable for me.

nicemustang
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
A handy feature this board has is the option to ignore specific posters. If you add a person to your ignore list, their posts won't even display in the thread. I found it was the same people being annoying time and again, so I put 4 people on my ignore list and it's made this board far more enjoyable for me.

Never knew that existed. That's a great feature.

Freedom55
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Or it might indicate the difference between sportsmen and outdoorsman.

FishBrain
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
walk down your street and talk to every person, there are jerks everywhere. you probably dont talk to them on the street, why talk to them on here.
Learn to ignore, you will go farther in life and be happier for it. The only way to escape it is to stay home and never leave, dont turn on the radio or TV. there now, that should help.

OH and even church groups have jerks in them so dont fall for that. lol

uicehole
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
The biggest things I get out of this forum are techniques and tips on new fishing opportunities. Also secondarily, I might learn something from someone else's contributions to topics of the day. It's up to the individual whether he/she wants to contribute or simply lurk and if they want to reveal a location. Hopefully, the person will use common sense and discretion when it's appropriate to do so. It's the contributions to the topics that keeps this forum alive and active.

Controversy is good as it promotes discussion and hopefully some learning. Even negativity can be tolerated if it's to support a point. But flaming a person because you disagree with someone (even if they are totally out to lunch) is just plain senseless and counterproductive and is a sure way to kill a forum. Long live this forum!

hockeyfish
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
i didn't know you could ignore people....i'll do that for hpf

thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Exactly...just started another thread that isn't necessary. Relax guys, its the internet. You don't need to need all posts and don't need to write or comment either. It's no different in any other forum, there are always people that do those things. It's a trade off for the information and help you do get those times you get them vs all the crap that is here too. Whoopie do IMO, if you want something more peaceful and positive...I suggest joining a church forum. My 2 cents.

You know what isn't necessary , people acting tuff . People acting tuff on the Internet isn't tuff. Let the guy post what he wants , there's all sorts of lovely stuff on this Board . The one thing that has to stop is the harassment and personal attacks to other members . Why should we have to go somewhere else because some *****hole thinks he has to be tuff , over the Internet . Some people need to man up let there balls drop and stop the harassment and knit picking of other members .

packhuntr
03-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I have to say, I also like the heck outa this place, but the only "good thing going bad" in these parts is some of the fishing.....:scared: