PDA

View Full Version : Under water cameras

Hammer Handle
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Question for you guys. My brother has an aqua view and it works great but fairly expensive. I would like to purchase one looking at a fish t.v are these camera's any good. Any info appreciated thanks in advance.:wave:

nicemustang
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
You bet, just as good if that's all you need. I have the fish tv and it was $120, plus $20 for a battery. It has a 5" screen and 50' cable. If that's all you need that great! It works for a camera just as well as the other ones, but obiviously lacks features like longer cable, temperature, color, larger screen, video out, etc. But if the lake is clear, it works awesome. You can see what you want to see, it's clear and accurate. It's helped me be a better fisherman with learning habits of fish, techniques, what lures are attracting but not working, etc. I also like it when perch or walleye aren't agressively biting, you can see them bit the hook, spit it out, or bite it again...and you may not even see or feel it on the surface.

My 2 cents. I like to save my money and IMO the cheap unit is just a good if you don't NEED all the other features.

JohnnyCustom
03-06-2009, 01:02 AM
I run an Aqua Vue and love it. Pretty funny when a pike comes from out of nowhere and takes a taste of it. I just know one's gonna try and take off with it one day. I wonder if there's a record for largest fish caught by camera? lol

whitewolf
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
i have the 7 inch fish tv with the 100 foot cable and it works great and the kids love watching the fish swim by....pretty cool....worked good at spray in 80 feet of water

merk1
03-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Just wondering if there is a way to record the footage and would the fish TV work to capture an under water fight off the back of a boat in summer, or would a guy have to spend a lot of money for what I'am looking to do.

nicemustang
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
There is an extra adapter that you can get. Not sure about summer but I hear yes it does work. Just got mine this xmas.

merk1
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks a lot, I think it might be worth a try, could make for some good futage.

dave_ca
03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
the recorder does not work with the fish tv, only with the Explorer and 4X4 cameras. They have different connections

d bowhunter
03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Good day hammer handel If your looking for a cheep way to see the fish try buying a cam off of E bay 70$ used dvd screen 20$ power pack 20$ 30$ works great 65 foot cord color screen 7" good luck Dave

Hammer Handle
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys appreciate all the info.