PDA

View Full Version : Driving on Wabamun

MagnumMan
03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
How is the snow pack on top the ice? And where is the best place to access?
I imagine after today it might be hard getting around in snow drifts, if you have been on recently please let me know...

Lantzd
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
wabumun is hard to get on there was a few paths that are blowin in so i had to break trail with my 4x4 and i had a hell of a time i got a 6" lift and wicked tires,,,, if you dont got good tires you may as well walk out cause you will be stuck,,,,,, best place for drive on acces is the boat launch but like i said you have to break traill i pulled three guys out today and they made it 30 feet ,,, also there is one place directly to your left when you go on were someone broke through(so im told) there is alot of water there so watch out for that,,, if your goona walk on turn at the kipasiwin turn off highway 16 and go to the golf course find somewerew to park and walk on ,,,hope this helps,,,

Deano
03-05-2009, 06:07 PM
You might want to give the other end a try. Usually a good trail heading out from Seeba.

Deano

JohnnyCustom
03-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I usually go out through Fallis. Far side of the lake.

Sundancefisher
03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
NEVER DRIVE UNDER THE TRESSEL...the ice is always very thin...even when -30.

Aim Low
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Mag, beat me to the punch, I was about to ask the same question.:)

Another question, as I have never fished this lake before, where around the Seeba end can I guy find some decent fishing (any species). Not looking for any secret spots here, but maybe a couple of pointers, as I'm looking to maybe head out this or the next weekend.

Thanks guys!

Deano
03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Mag, beat me to the punch, I was about to ask the same question.:)

Another question, as I have never fished this lake before, where around the Seeba end can I guy find some decent fishing (any species). Not looking for any secret spots here, but maybe a couple of pointers, as I'm looking to maybe head out this or the next weekend.

Thanks guys!

When you head onto the lake there is a bay to your right. Off the points of that big bay is usually pretty decent.

Deano

Catahoula
03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Lots of snow out there.....

4x4 a must.

No tracks left on the Northside.

MagnumMan
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
If you can get on at Seba (west end) then turn left when you go onto lake, 100 yards west there it a cove fish around the point. Caught pike there last weekend..

seahawkfisher
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
there are a few places out that way that i fish in the dead of summer for some nice pike (trolling {lol}) deano; we'll have to hit them up this year - i owe ya for the equipment storage
cheers

Deano
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Absolutely Seahawk, I will hold you to it. I know you are the Wabamun King!!! Now that I have my vessel I plan on hitting battle quite a bit. The great day I had on that lake will keep me going back. I know it is a tough lake but it can be very rewarding. And it's only a stones throw to Pigeon so I can always boost my confidence when I have to.
I definitely am looking for ward to many days on the water with you, not just one.

Deano

jacob1202
03-22-2009, 09:43 AM
hey guys just a piece of advice...if there are no tracks dont drive there....wabamun lake has taken sooooo many vehicles and lives in the past....ur best bet is on the west side of the lake....u can go on at ascot beach and go as far west on the lake as u want....thanks boys.....be careful out there

sunnyvalesmostwanted
03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Lots of recent tire tracks leading off of the boat launch at Seba. I dont knwo the area that well, I wass just out there actually checking out a campground for a possible summer spot, but we drove down to what looked liek the boat launch on Friday and saw lots of fresh tire tracks leading out to the lake.

JohnnyCustom
03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
My trusty steed and I have made some decent tracks out at Fallis. Heading west. You're welcome! Very consistant on the lines.