PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley fishing trek

millsboy79
05-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Hoping to head out to Crawling Valley Resevoir first thing in the morning.

I will be fishing from shore in an area might need a little off roading to get to. I hope to check out the west shore.

This will be my first time fishing there and if someone wanted to come with, let me know.

I will be leaving from Copperfield and taking 22x east, packing a full lunch and hope to spend the whole day there checking out a few places that look good on the map.

hookset
05-25-2016, 05:42 PM
How did you make out?? Thinking of going out in the near future. I fish from a boat but do know ppl who shore fish with success on the North end.

millsboy79
05-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Is very shallow everywhere I tried to fish from ... made me wish I had a boat.

Caught a few but saw a bunch more.

Need to make friends with boats.

But a bad day fishing is better than a good day home.

millsboy79
05-25-2016, 05:50 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/ad34472f02571231810518c45778c9fa.jpgBest one of the day.

marlin1
05-26-2016, 10:36 AM
with it being all catch and release now for pike I'm sure pike numbers will go up :)

Bemoredog
05-26-2016, 01:42 PM
That's a pretty decent looking pike. Not a trophy, but if it survives a couple more years I'd reckon it'll grow into a respectable specimen for sure.

You can tell that it's well fed by the shape of the body. It's fatter past the head rather than skinnier like a hammer handle.

Were most of the pike shaped like this, or were they more of your hammer handle variety?

millsboy79
05-26-2016, 03:01 PM
That's a pretty decent looking pike. Not a trophy, but if it survives a couple more years I'd reckon it'll grow into a respectable specimen for sure.

You can tell that it's well fed by the shape of the body. It's fatter past the head rather than skinnier like a hammer handle.

Were most of the pike shaped like this, or were they more of your hammer handle variety?
This was the best looking fish I saw all day but they were all well fed just a little smaller.

Being a predatory fish I wouldn't expect to see too many monsters in the same spots which is the worst part of shore fishing you can only get to a few places around that lake.

Next time (assuming not in a boat) I am going to check out the north west shore and see what I find out that way.

Little longer drive but the adventure is part of the fun.