PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Impressed with St. Croix

DiabeticKripple
05-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Broke the top 2 eyelets on my fishing rod off loading it into my truck. Lost about 6 inches and lost a lot of the feel of the rod (I went jigging with it the day) so I decided to get a new top half of the rod.

Ordered it on Saturday. $35 with free shipping. Arrived at my door today. Must've shipped Monday. it came out of Wisconsin. Pretty impressed with how fast that was.

EZM
05-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Broke the top 2 eyelets on my fishing rod off loading it into my truck. Lost about 6 inches and lost a lot of the feel of the rod (I went jigging with it the day) so I decided to get a new top half of the rod.

Ordered it on Saturday. $35 with free shipping. Arrived at my door today. Must've shipped Monday. it came out of Wisconsin. Pretty impressed with how fast that was.

My favorite rods. That's good to hear.

I broke one of my St.Croix rods that were purchased at Cabelas - they exchanged it on the spot with no questions asked. The guy told me some other brands of rods require a little more hassle and some hoops to jump through (and probably paperwork) but they just send them back to St.Croix and the company honors replacements without question all the time, every time.

Great rods - great customer service.

Remember that St.Croix I lost overboard when you and I were fishing Wab 4-5 years ago? I bet they would replace that one for me too ..... lol.

DiabeticKripple
05-26-2016, 06:25 PM
My favorite rods. That's good to hear.

I broke one of my St.Croix rods that were purchased at Cabelas - they exchanged it on the spot with no questions asked. The guy told me some other brands of rods require a little more hassle and some hoops to jump through (and probably paperwork) but they just send them back to St.Croix and the company honors replacements without question all the time, every time.

Great rods - great customer service.

Remember that St.Croix I lost overboard when you and I were fishing Wab 4-5 years ago? I bet they would replace that one for me too ..... lol.

that was only 3 years ago this summer! summer 2013 when i was working in edson.

that was a pretty memorable moment

Asillywalrus
05-26-2016, 07:50 PM
I ordered a new top from St. Croix for my rod last year. It took a little longer to get here but i was still very happy with the service they provided me.

trigger7mm
05-26-2016, 08:02 PM
I had the same thing happen to you last week with my TFO flyrod. Broke off about 6" of the tip. Send it in to them, and they had a new top half back to me in a few days. $31.50 total, including shipping. Couldn't be happier with their service.

dustinjoels
05-27-2016, 03:11 AM
I bought my first St. Croix last summer and love it.

FisherPotch
05-27-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure how many st croix I own.....but I'm yet to break a single one, fly or conventional. I did knock a guide insert out on a st croix 8wt but have never broken one. Need to fix that guide yet.
What you guys figure? Should I send the rod into get the guide replaced? I don't have the receipt as it was a gift, and my ex claims she lost it. Lol

I've broke 1 tfo fly rod. I didn't think it should have broken under the conditions it did. (Landing a bow). I've been meaning to replace this top and it's about time I do. I have heard great things about tfo service as well.
But I totally don't have my receipt for this rod either lol

jeprli
05-28-2016, 08:00 AM
I bought 2 tip sections from TFO, no warranties. This was a few years back, maybe give them a call to confirm.