PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lakes Reserviour Help!!!

SwampShark
03-06-2009, 02:19 PM
So... if there is no bait fish allowed, how do you catch lakers in the winter?

Any tips for this lake? Please help a Spray Lakes newbie out!

kostianych
03-06-2009, 02:23 PM
don`t be lazy...use search features.....but in general, use smelts up there....smelt is not a bait fish.....(you can find it in the Regs...)

nicemustang
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Drill lots of holes. 65 FOW. Use smelt on tube jigs. Search for other reports on here.

nicemustang
03-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh, and the most important tip....fish the whole water column.

bowchaser
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
chunk of smelt on a glow buzz bomb jigged also works good.

SuCraM
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Wish you luck man we were there a couple weeks ago and only had a few nibbles between three of us. I think that was because we were not deep enough. I think the deeper the water the better on that lake. Listen to Nicemustang he is the man and knows his fishing.

bigmac
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Was out there last weekend in 85 feet of water just before the boat launch where all the guys were paragliding or whatever that is called. We tried lots of holes starting at 6:00 in the morning. Saw them on the camera but they weren't all that interested in biting. Caught 10 or so between the four of us. Didn't seem to matter what you were using as long as it had a smelt on it. Good luck if you go and anchor down your tent so it doesn't blow away. :)

BobLoblaw
03-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I remember Nicemustang mentioning in a previous Spray report about smelts that you buy as bait being too big. I just bought some at T&T(the Oriental market) on 36th Street;there was a nice mix of big & small smelts in the bag.

SwampShark
03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the tips. And yes, i just realized that there was a search feature on here after the fact.

My fiance reminded me that I actually HAVE been here (in the summer) but we didn't fish it. I remember quite a curvy road. Is there any access issues in the winter? I'm guessing not because it sounds like the lake is pretty well fished.

nicemustang
03-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Park at driftwood, can't drive on the lake as your not allowed to. Check for my report. All you need to know.