PDA

View Full Version : Camping/Fishing in Montana by Missoula north.

Jaanders
05-29-2016, 09:03 AM
Just looking for some nice places to camp/fish/kayak between Missoula and Waterton. I have 5 days. Looking for camping that is not your usual RV campground. Also looking for some advice on where to fish some lakes and rivers. Never been to Montana so I really have no idea where to go. Would like to do a little flyfishing as well. Thanks for any advice I can get.

lannie
05-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a great time. Try phoning one of the fly shops around your destination for that info as they would have been asked that many times before. May have some sort of arrangement with some of those businesses.

Trooper23
05-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Great campgrounds and lake for Kokanee and trout. SW of Kalispell about 50 miles. Look it up on the internet

TROLLER
05-29-2016, 12:36 PM
IF you go to Missoula via the so 5 toward Great Falls about halfway there is a small town Anaconda.

Great streams for fishing and the National forest has ample sites for camping. Just watch for the road signs indicating national forest not hard to find.

Jaanders
05-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Thanks everyone. Is it easy to just find a campsite midweek or can a person reserve a spot. Great idea about calling local fly shops. Keep ideas coming....

Jaanders
06-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Found a lake called Holland Lake. Anyone been there?Looks like a nice lake.