PDA

View Full Version : swan lake west of GP

gpguy7
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Can anyone tell me the rules on licensing on swan lake west of grande prairie between hythe and dawson creek? it is a joint alberta/ bc watershed and the sign at the boat launch shows a border line almost right down the center of the lake. I am curious if since it is a joint watershed does a person need both bc and alberta fishing licenses, or just one?

thanks

Albertabowhunter
03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Theres a swan West of GP? hmm, interesting. Whats in it? Anyway, to my understnading, if a lake has a border running through it, then a fishing licence from either province will be fine. Only one is needed.

guidehunt
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM
looking on mapsource the lake looks like it is in b.c.

Versatile
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
looking on mapsource the lake looks like it is in b.c.

Ya its in BC There is a Swan lake east of GP south of Debolt.

gpguy7
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I always thought it was in BC. But when you go to the lake there is a huge sign that clearly points out it is an Alberta BC joint watershed. There are Pike and perch in it, Until a few years ago there was great walleye fishing there but a winterkill destroyed most of the walleye population. Some small 'eyes have been taken out of there recently but it is CnR on walleyes for the foreseeable future,

Wallyhunter13
03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
The lake is in both provinces but the whole lake is regulated under BC juristiction.