PDA

View Full Version : SAWT Milk River results

Esox
05-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Anyone have the results from the ridge tourney that happened this past weekend?

Jamie Black R/T
05-30-2016, 07:43 PM
I heard it was a brutal go...hardly any fish weighed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RavYak
05-30-2016, 08:01 PM
I wonder what SAWT will do when they close these few remaining lakes in the next year or two...

Going fishing
05-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Fishing was good everyone was catching lots of fish but the fish were small it's a 55cm lake very hard to find them in that lake. There were nine fish weighed in on saterday and I heard only one on Sunday. The weather was also a factor the winds at time were making most of the lake unfisable but that's what makes a tourney fun you were ever out of it one fish and u would have been in the money. Was a good tournament and a lot of fun wish more legal fish were caught but that's fishing can't wait till 40 mile try my luck again.

waterninja
05-30-2016, 08:05 PM
You know, in all the conversations we have here about how to improve fishing in AB, I don't recall the effects that tourneys and fish derbies have, if any. I know that fishing in southern AB is getting more restrictive every year, and I also wonder what the future holds for these events.

Russ C
05-31-2016, 04:09 PM

Apparently the results will be posted on the SAWT web page in a couple of days.

idaman
05-31-2016, 07:08 PM
I wonder what SAWT will do when they close these few remaining lakes in the next year or two...

The tournaments don't play by the same rules, just look at the tourneys on Lesser Slave, they allow more than one fish per angler a day during open water season. The tournaments won't.go anywhere to much revenue into the governments and provinces pockets.

RavYak
05-31-2016, 07:34 PM
The tournaments don't play by the same rules, just look at the tourneys on Lesser Slave, they allow more than one fish per angler a day during open water season. The tournaments won't.go anywhere to much revenue into the governments and provinces pockets.

You know as well as I do that AEP requires the fish be of legal size to count in these tournaments. That is why Mike needs to have the rules he does at Eastslope and also why these walleye tournaments are held at the lakes they are held at.

These walleye tournaments have been given special leeway regarding limits but they also have a couple rules in place requiring the first weighed fish to swim away healthy and limiting their boat capacity to the legal limit because of this. I still don't agree with their preferential treatment especially because of some of the requirements forced on Eastslope but that is a completely different topic.

If these lakes do close to retention they will be forced to shut down I would think. Not so sure the Alberta walleye trail would start holding tournaments in SK, that might be a bit awkward lol.

I do like that Going fishing clarified the fishing was good and that sizes just weren't there though. There is a big difference between brutal fishing and not being able to catch a keeper fish. Unfortunately they will probably close these lakes because people struggle to catch a keeper...

whitetail Junkie
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM

Wont happen....That lake along with many other southern reservoirs are polluted with walleye....lost count at 70 fish caught and released last week in one afternoon with the wife at the said Lake.

RavYak
05-31-2016, 10:01 PM
Wont happen....That lake along with many other southern reservoirs are polluted with walleye....lost count at 70 fish caught and released last week in one afternoon with the wife at the said Lake.

And I know some of those polluted lakes are also closed to retention. I wouldn't put it past AEP...

I would advise you and others get invested in going to the meetings etc and voicing your opinions on the matter as I believe a large part of these closures in recent years have been poor decisions based on lobbying by people that imo don't know what they are talking about.

That is just my opinion though, not sure why I get so frustrated when I don't even live or fish down there lol...

huntsfurfish
05-31-2016, 11:40 PM
Congratulations to the Tournament winners. Good to here that you won it!:)