PDA

View Full Version : Tobin lake late august or mid July

crownb
05-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Like the title says, when would be better for a first trip out to Tobin, any info would be great, thanks.

Big Schnizz
05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Like the title says, when would be better for a first trip out to Tobin, any info would be great, thanks.

I'd pick mid July over late August. Mid July there should still be lots of walleye biting. Late August, things generally get tougher as the water temps are the warmest.

Remi3006
05-31-2016, 12:35 PM
Hmmm I would pick late August myself. That's an extra month for the walleye to fatten up. I think the water temps will be close and if not they still tend to stick to their holes. (easy to find) I would also spend some time chasing monster pike on all the river shelf's! Let me know if you go, Id be more then happy to help get you into some BIG fish.... I'm a HUGE fan of this lake!

Topwater
05-31-2016, 06:48 PM

Mid July hands down. Fishing is better then

schmedlap
05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Mid July hands down. Fishing is better then

you do not get a flood scenario, as I have seen there at the end of July a couple of times, due to a very rainy period upstream, when the reservoir is very brown and dirty, tons of floating debris, and just about impossible to fish. We ended up fishing the overflow ponds below the lower dam and went down river below the dam to get any decent fishing. Never seen that happen in late August. And the fishing is good (just different tactics) regardless of heat and season. So, hedging my bets on one or the other, I would probably go late August.

idaman
05-31-2016, 07:06 PM
October...

warriorboy10
05-31-2016, 09:47 PM
October...

x2.

Fishtracker
06-01-2016, 06:42 AM
How is it mid-June? I'll be there in a few weeks.

deschambault
06-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Its been great the last two years and I hope this continues as I am heading there next week.

kingrat
06-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Depends what you want, monster walleye although caught all year late fall is best, Sept, Oct, seems to be the time there