PDA

View Full Version : Power Pro 8 vs Sufix 832

millsboy79
05-31-2016, 10:09 PM
I have been reading past post comparing these two lines. All the threads are a couple years old so I just wanted to touch base and see if anyone's opinion has changed since then.

I have been using nanofil this year and it seems to already be showing wear so I think I might have to jump ship at least for my pike outfit.

Thanks for the imput

fluxcore
05-31-2016, 10:15 PM
Sufix 832 camp all the way for me bud, started out with power pro and upgraded. Power pro I found two stiff and if I hooked my rig to an eyelet it would keep the kink for a bit (annoyed me). I'm going on 3 seasons now with the sufix now and couldn't be happier. I've heard some batches of sufix aren't always equal in quality I guess I'll find out on my next batch.

millsboy79
05-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Sufix 832 camp all the way for me bud, started out with power pro and upgraded. Power pro I found two stiff and if I hooked my rig to an eyelet it would keep the kink for a bit (annoyed me). I'm going on 3 seasons now with the sufix now and couldn't be happier. I've heard some batches of sufix aren't always equal in quality I guess I'll find out on my next batch.
Is that the original or the power pro 8 super slick?

RavYak
05-31-2016, 10:21 PM
I can't remember exactly why I stopped using Suffix and switched to Power Pro but I did and haven't looked back.

All braid will show wear and sometimes it doesn't take very long. I just cut some line off and retie as necessary when I think it is looking a little rough.

Edit: Mine is regular power pro. It would be nice to try the super slick to see the difference, I usually just look at the price and then go get them to put the bulk regular stuff on lol.

fluxcore
05-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Is that the original or the power pro 8 super slick?

Oops it was power pro super slick 8 I think it was blue and I switched to suffix 832 ghost braid. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better

WayneChristie
06-01-2016, 12:26 AM
I like the suffix for lake and ice fishing, but Im liking tuffline better for sturgeon fishing as it softens up fast and doesnt mark them up like Suffix does

Walleyedude
06-01-2016, 06:36 AM
Power Pro Super Slick for me.

Long casts
No memory/line twist
Nearly unbreakable
Excellent abrasion resistance
Silent through the guides
The best knot strength of any line I've tried.

The 832 is good line, but in my opinion, the Super Slick is the best braid on the market right now.

Poppa
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Aaron from Uncut Angling says "You can do anything with 10lb Power Pro" and that's good enough for me....my go-to line.

neilsledder
06-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Just put power pro super slick on my rod and really like it! But never tried the 832 to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walleye101
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Suffix 832

millsboy79
06-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Started all this conversation and I ended up going with a 20lb trilene braid.

I simply closed my eyes and searched for the smoothest line with my fingers and the Trilene won hands down.

The power pro 8 was second.

The Sufix was more like the original power pro.

I really liked how the nanofil cast I just wish it held up a little better ... the fraying was making me worry.

martinbns
06-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Aaron from Uncut Angling says "You can do anything with 10lb Power Pro" and that's good enough for me....my go-to line.

+1

Warmbreeze
06-02-2016, 01:44 AM
These are both my favorite lines! I use 832 for heavier poundage line and Super 8 Slick for lighter. I believe it comes down to personal preference. Try both and decide for yourself!

millsboy79
06-02-2016, 08:13 AM
These are both my favorite lines! I use 832 for heavier poundage line and Super 8 Slick for lighter. I believe it comes down to personal preference. Try both and decide for yourself!
Actually posted my decision already and it was neither.

Plus most people don't want to drop 50 bucks and take the time to try different lines. That's the whole point of the forum to ask questions and get opinions and I know it comes down to personal preference I'm the one spending the money but it's nice to know where to start. It's also my preference that lead me to a line that no one mentioned. Perhaps after reading this thread someone else will use trilene and see how it works.

Warmbreeze
06-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Sorry for trying to help others who might read this like you pointed out. They are both 8 strand braids and very similar, hence why I like and use both. Chevy or Ford half tonne? It is personal preference. If you had asked something like 832 vs PP Maxcuatro then you would get a more definitive answer as they are different types of line. Both of the lines you asked about are great and that is why people recommended both of them.

Kings
06-02-2016, 09:11 PM
To me it is power pro. I used all kinds of braid and I like the power pro. It is durable and cast little further than the pother braided lines.

FlyTheory
06-02-2016, 09:14 PM
I have used both but I like suffix better, not sure why, but I just do.

millsboy79
06-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Sorry for trying to help others who might read this like you pointed out. They are both 8 strand braids and very similar, hence why I like and use both. Chevy or Ford half tonne? It is personal preference. If you had asked something like 832 vs PP Maxcuatro then you would get a more definitive answer as they are different types of line. Both of the lines you asked about are great and that is why people recommended both of them.
Fair enough but with your example I would still ask what people have found with their chev's and ford's just to see what the concensus is. This time seems same outcome as the thread I seen a couple years ago. Power pro 8 is at least the most popular.

I did go with something different just to try it out but at least I now know what I will try next if the Trilene doesn't perform. I probably won't waste time and money on the Sufix and go to the power pro again.

Nothing casts like the nanofil I am just not sure it's as durable as the rest, and since I would rather land less fish than hook and lose them because the line snaps ... so I am switching. Is just too bad cause that stuff is awesome.

neilsledder
06-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Fair enough but with your example I would still ask what people have found with their chev's and ford's just to see what the concensus is. This time seems same outcome as the thread I seen a couple years ago. Power pro 8 is at least the most popular.

I did go with something different just to try it out but at least I now know what I will try next if the Trilene doesn't perform. I probably won't waste time and money on the Sufix and go to the power pro again.

Nothing casts like the nanofil I am just not sure it's as durable as the rest, and since I would rather land less fish than hook and lose them because the line snaps ... so I am switching. Is just too bad cause that stuff is awesome.

Nanofil cast like crazy! But I can barely tie my shoes, so it took me for ever to tie a knot that held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk