PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Lake

Dave P
06-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Howdy AO,

Sorry, partially new at fishing on my own (vs using other peoples stuff and tagging along).

Going camping at Crimson Lake this weekend and am wondering if there are any fish in there? It doesn't matter that much as I am more just there to show my daughter how to cast and let her practice, but if there was a fish or 2 that would be cool as well.

Reading on posts on here from a while back, just small perch? Anyone been recently? Also, why isnt it listed in the regulations? probably not a good sign? haha

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Robins36
06-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Your best bet would be to fish at twin lake just before Crimson lake. Stocked with rainbows and I've caught perch there too. There is a large T shaped dock to fish from.

Andrzej
06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I was there a few weeks ago and F&W truck was in parking lot. I asked about Crimson being not listed in regulations.
He show me regulations on page 39 and Lakes under "C "

C. For Lakes ,Reservoirs and Ponds NOT included under A and B
Open all year, Perch limit 15.

I was there only once and I did not fish there.

Roderek
06-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Crimson only used to have minnows in it, but a few years ago it seems to have got infested with perch. Kids were always catching a few off the dock last year.

This year they have been twice and nothing. It may have been winterkill. Biggest they got last year was about 8".
There is a lot of watersport boats on this lake so it gets pretty busy with boat traffic for the size.

As mentioned twin is just up the road and has perch and rainbows. Rainbows used to be stocked not sure if they still are. But there are no watersport boats on twin as i think it is electric motors only. So significantly better for fishing and about a 5 minute drive up the road.

Dave P
06-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the advice/information guys!!!

Appreciate the help, and will make the quick trip to Twin.