PDA

View Full Version : SSR update

happyfisher
06-03-2016, 05:21 PM
well im.heading to the SSR this weekend....going to the hat. Im gunna try for sturgeon...i bought everything the guys on this site said to use......but my buddy says spring run off started.....

is.it still.fishable? anyone fish it recently? i.dony know.if i wanna drive all the way there if the river is not fishable......

if someone could save me the time and.money and tell me how its fishing i would be even happier.....

i also here sometimes even when the river is muddy sometimes u can catch fish?????

please help

happy

Joe Quiroga
06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
The last week or two around here have been muddy as heck. Even though its not the SSR specifically it has been the best fishing in quite awhile. 3 burbot, 2 goldeye, 5-6 pike and 2 22" walleye.

No sturgeon yet but if everything else is feeding I'd bet they will be too. :)

happyfisher
06-03-2016, 06:08 PM
whar river system are u fishin? NSR?

Joe Quiroga
06-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Red Deer & Bow. I'm approx 1 hour from the hat.

happyfisher
06-03-2016, 06:51 PM
hummmmm thanks...any one else on the SSR?

tnx

Wingedfish
06-03-2016, 07:43 PM
I was out last weekend and got a half dozen sturgeon, biggest 16lbs, dozens of walleye, biggest 3 lbs, with a few burbot and goldeye mixed in. Not the best but not bad either. Keep in mind that's 20ish hrs on the water.

It was muddier with more crap in the water last week as the river was on the rise but it's been dropping this week and I suspect it will be better now.

happyfisher
06-03-2016, 08:33 PM
nice....!!!!...ill be under the hwy 1 bridge by the scary hotle..."el bronco"....lol...come by and have a beer.....find the 2 fat bald guys with a beer in their hand.....that will be us.....but we might be by the power plant outlet too...just south of bridge....lol.....but if ur not cool....dont visit..:bad_boys_20:

Wingedfish
06-03-2016, 08:50 PM
I've never caught anything in that spot the few times I've fished it. I would suggest strathcona park, just down stream of the boat launch. There is about 400 yards of fishable shore with 6-15' deep water within casting distance. I've done much better there. It can get crowded but for good reason, it produces fish.

happyfisher
06-03-2016, 09:44 PM
ive seen decent fish pulled out of there...matter of fact...the guy fishing with me was fishing with a buddy there....caught a 60 to 70 lber there( seriously probably 95 lbs....if u dont believe me ill try to send u a.pic PM..)...but its close to my buddies place.....and i dont drink and drive.....so......its the easiest.......

i know the spot u speak of....fished there once.....crowded.....not.for.me.....

AdAMxr
06-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Fishing has been pretty good for me so far. As far as spots. We have tons of paved walking trails that go right beside the river.

happyfisher
06-04-2016, 10:52 AM
ill be there today after work!!!!!!

ill give a update when i get back....

Thanks All!!!

Happy

Don K
06-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Was out there Thursday and got walleye, sauger, ling, suckers and a pike. No sturgeon on that trip but we saw a few rising in the fast water. Won't catch them from your couch!

LCCFisherman
06-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Went to the Forks for the first and last time ever last weekend. What a joke that place is. 1km of rods on shore every 20 ft!! Ozarks of Alberta or what! No wonder the NSR out fishes the SSR hands down! Man those Taberites are sexy people :thinking-006:

happyfisher
06-07-2016, 09:41 PM
just got back.....fished lots...me and buddy no sturgeon.....walleye...goldeye.....all we got.....lots of fun tho....lots of fun...thanks all.for all the help....

happy