PDA

View Full Version : Nafa may sale

gibb
03-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Notice to our Wild Fur Producers

We at NAFA have received a lot of inquiries from our wild fur producers
as to what we intend to do with the unsold skins from February.

In the past, when we have had a problem with a particular wild fur article, we have announced to the international fur trade that in order to re-establish new and proper market levels, we would adjust our selling policy to sell this article more freely and, as a result, attract new buyers and more competition in the auction room, thereby enhancing the value of the article and achieving higher-than-expected prices. Many of you may remember that we did this successfully with Muskrats and Otters in March 2008.

There are a number of articles which we believe would benefit from this same strategy in our upcoming May sale and therefore we intend to announce to the international fur trade that certain wild fur articles will be sold
accordingly in order to obtain maximum clearances.

Your NAFA management and agents are presently very active visiting new companies, especially in the trimming business. With the new price indications on Wild Fur, we believe we will be able to encourage new customers who have not purchased Wild Fur before to attend our May auction.

pitw
03-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Glad to see you are trying something Gibb. New markets are always a good thing and just sitting and waiting for some thing to come to you doesn't work that great all the time. Thanks.
Barry

gibb
03-07-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.nafa.ca/trapper/Announcements/NAFA_09-05_WildFurNotice2.pdf

sourdough doug
03-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Somewheres along the trapline , I must have taken a wrong turn and gone south. So to get me on the correct heading --- is this the same Jim Gibb, who I know from FHA, if so, when did the change take place..:confused::confused:

gibb
03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Still FHA just did not bother to explain. Just posting the information so trappers can read it themselves without me whining.:)
Cheers Jim

cantrap
03-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Somewheres along the trapline , I must have taken a wrong turn and gone south. So to get me on the correct heading --- is this the same Jim Gibb, who I know from FHA, if so, when did the change take place..:confused::confused:

I'm with you sourdough what is going on here? is nafa fha a joint veture or something we don't know? Why would you (jim gibb) be posting for nafa? Just wondering not trying to be rude?

gibb
03-07-2009, 03:56 PM
After the Feb. sale these two annoucements will have a huge impact on trappers no matter were they ship.
Trappers need to know.

Will post on FHA results from Wed sale as soon as I have the information.

Cheers Jim