PDA

View Full Version : Going Fishing TV Show

Donny Bear
03-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I have for the first time in ages been able to awake on a Saturday with nothing to do but watch a few fishing shows. I turn on Going Fishing and have to listen to Darryl prostitute his geneous on GLOBAL WARMING :sick:

The Guy that keeps more fish than anyone else on TV says we need to listen to David Suzuki and that we keep to many fish. Last time I will watch this idiot, always thought he babled to much but a Fisherman promoting someone against everything Sportsmen stand for burns me bad.:mad2: JMO

7 straight years of temp drop and growth in the ice fields and the polar cap :tongue2:

Wazzy
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Haha I agree, he is painful to watch. Loud, repetetive, and overbearing.

Rumtan
03-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Go to his web site and say that....posting here is like preaching to the choir

Donny Bear
03-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Go to his web site and say that....posting here is like preaching to the choir

Done son, just trying to demote the dip:tongue2:

gramps73
03-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Donny
I have often woundered how these guys get TV shows.
Gramps

Backwoods boy
03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Gotta agree with you, I cant stand that guy :mad3:

troller
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Donny
I have often woundered how these guys get TV shows.
Gramps

I wonder how they get enough viewers to keep going, although, I have very little time for tv anymore :(

Bear Ballz
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
He usually has his shore lunch lined up before he even hits the water :lol:

Rumtan
03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I hope I didnt come accross as being bossy ( I was merely making a suggestion) but you did the right thing by posting it on his web site. He is an over inflated guy that really doesnt do much except promote lodges that put him up for free and tackle companies that give him their swag to promote. My hats off to you Donny Bear for standing up for your convictions.
p.s. I sent an email as well.

Kevin C.
03-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Chronzie is from the same town I moved to Alberta from. Met him several times and you guys have him pegged right. Met him several times and never got a good impression of him once. My girlfriend went to school with his son Josh and you know what they say the apple dont fall far from the tree. They should kick his ass off t.v.

Donny Bear
03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I hope I didnt come accross as being bossy ( I was merely making a suggestion) but you did the right thing by posting it on his web site. He is an over inflated guy that really doesnt do much except promote lodges that put him up for free and tackle companies that give him their swag to promote. My hats off to you Donny Bear for standing up for your convictions.
p.s. I sent an email as well.

Nope I'm feeling my oats today :lol: all's well hope I did'nt come across to snotty:sick:

Rumtan
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Not at all....you came across as honest. That works for me. (oh and thank you for calling me "son"....made me feel young again)

dss44
03-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Almost had him come with us 2 years ago...kinda glad it fell through though...don't need to put guys like that up for free even though it is good advertising. I've heard his speel on global warming before, and if he did end up coming fishing with us then I'm sure we would of got into some heated debates about it...with me kicking his ass...:D Took a whole course on global warming and how it is ridiculously overhyped.

trophyboy
03-07-2009, 10:44 AM
You guys all have it right! He knows nothing about nothing and I don't like to criticize but Darryl Chronzy is the most arrogant, overbearing, know-it-all on T.V., actually to the point that it's embarassing watching him on T.V. He keeps and cooks more fish than anyone else and has opinions on some things that are hypocritical....I guess that's why I've always viewed him as a hypocrite! Let him know, I'm going to!

Hammer Handle
03-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Does anyone have the web site address I feel the same way wouldn't mind making some of my own comments.

Rumtan
03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
i googled "going fishing"

Goater
03-07-2009, 02:55 PM
You guys have got the Chronz all wrong he just-- Oh wait for it "Abu Garcia" and he likes to fish the basic--wait "Abu Garcia" and of course "Is this a keeper" naw I don't watch him.
And what about that " OH I think mines is bigger" IZumzi guy.
Honestly I liked to watch all the shows then a few years ago my wifes uncle from Manitoba was asked to film a show I cant remember the guys name but he has been on a while. They were after carp, lets just say they left the poor fish on the line the whole time they filmed, they would land him then let the fish swim out get his strength back and then--- "Oh got another one" ---and bring him in again. Now I don't watch as much.

addicted
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
man thats sad:( I miss watching my fishing in the mornings there used to be so many more programs on before they lumped them into one channel that you only get with digital tv or satelite .... when i was younger that was the ritual on sundays watch some In fisherman and then the hunting programs in the afternoon and morning aswell....I miss it

ESOXangler
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
saturdays mornings used to be great, and WFN is a fairly boring repetative channel. Too many fishing shows i can't relate too.

jesse34567
03-07-2009, 07:08 PM
on satudays at 11:30 fishing alberta is on
then after that on the channel below it there is Real fishing (bob izumi)

i think the channel is 8 or something one of the low ones though

i have to admit Darryl Chronzy is a pig as soon as hes on the water hes thinking about them tasty walleye

Buck Krazy
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Not only that all he catches are little dink fish!! I would be embarrassed I can't freaking stand him.... He needs a diet for sure- his head looks like it is about to pop... Very shakey all the time I think hes a DRUNK!:sick:

Teamprotz
03-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Anyone can catch fish where he goes. No skill in dropping a jig in a place you don't even need bait to catch fish. Even my wife knows him as the FAT " shore lunch " guy !!

jjstar
03-08-2009, 12:52 PM
The Guy that keeps more fish than anyone else on TV says we need to listen to David Suzuki and that we keep to many fish.

I think it is funny as hell that Suzuki is some sort of saint. He was actually caught poaching steelhead in Powell River , BC in the 1980's by a resource officer I Know. In the end it "never happened" and he was told to shut up about it. I have as much respect for him as well lets just say he might as well sell drugs to my kids....

tyee33
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Sad that people can bash a man that does for a living what most here would give their right arm to do and probably look like ass clowns to some viewers that watch.Im strickly C/R, "ALL" species even crappie, blue gill, small mouth, muskie...all that he fishes for from time to time, am I ****ed that he keeps alot of fish, sometimes but he is within his right and catch limits.The comment about keeping everything, (I presume you are refering to walleye) he catches even the small ones comes without the knowledge of the slot size that exists in ON and just about everywhere else in Canada EXCEPT AB.Most of us are out here punching holes for oil at $40, trying to hang on to our jobs and hes fishing 200+ days a year from coast to coast.He cant be that stupid!!! He does know his stuff and has held line records that date back to the 60s, may need a little polishing at times but who doesnt.

JohninAB
03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
tyee33 I agree with you 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself. Be like critisizing a hunting show because they actually kill a deer to eat. Or judge them because they get excited over a 125 class whitetail. To each their own.

Donny Bear
03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh forgive us who take offence to those who would bite the very hand that feeds them.

I stand corrected by your great wisdom forgive me for starting the post.

Let us all jump on the Suzuki band wagon I'm sure it will benifit all who fish and hunt.:sick:

LongDraw
03-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Sounds like you need to change the batteries in your TV's remote control....

Buck Krazy
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
"Sad that people can bash a man that does for a living what most here would give their right arm to do and probably look like ass clowns to some viewers that watch.Im strickly C/R, "ALL" species even crappie, blue gill, small mouth, muskie...all that he fishes for from time to time, am I ****ed that he keeps alot of fish, sometimes but he is within his right and catch limits.The comment about keeping everything, (I presume you are refering to walleye) he catches even the small ones comes without the knowledge of the slot size that exists in ON and just about everywhere else in Canada EXCEPT AB.Most of us are out here punching holes for oil at $40, trying to hang on to our jobs and hes fishing 200+ days a year from coast to coast.He cant be that stupid!!! He does know his stuff and has held line records that date back to the 60s, may need a little polishing at times but who doesnt."

Doesn't change the fact that hes a freaking annoying pig!:sick:

tyee33
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Great come back, you have the ability and liberties to change the channel at any time.Perhaps to the Dime Store Fisherman...For the 100,000 + viewers that used his knowledge of fishing and have for the past 17 years, and as one of them, I personally can look past his physical appearance and character and enjoy what he gives to the anglers across Canada,"entertainment" I have fished 80% of the places he fishes in Northern ON, especially the French River outside of Sudbury and his techniques put some pretty nice muskies and small mouth in my boat, his gut and as you said being a pig had nothing to do with it, I really believe it was more to do with his ability to fish.Ill watch your show if you get one though.Just my opinion.

Kevin C.
03-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I guess everyone has their own idea of what entertainment is. I guess he must have a fan base cause he is still on t.v. everyweek. I dont care to watch him because for pretty much all the reasons listed above as well as the fact that he is a dink in person as well. Am I jealous probably but only about the fishing he gets to do, if it were me on t.v. it would likely be my name gettin bashed in this thread!

KyleM
03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
tyee, those are my stomping grounds aswell.
People assume he's in remote areas when infact, he is not.
Im sure he does fish remote areas but not always.

Sure, he promotes lodges, tackle, boats, and other crap but what makes his show worth watching is his opinion. Last time I checked, they all advertise, thats how they make their buck.

Theres a serious problem going on in Ontario and he's just preaching what he believes is the problem. Good on the guy for speaking up. I for one agree with some of his comments about the government not funding our programs properly. The great lakes are at their lowest levels in recorded history (by a long shot). Last time I was on Huron our dock posts had been redrilled 8' below the old holes.

I have met him aswell and found him to be a really nice guy?

Last time I checked, fishing has nothing to do with being a lardass (good thing for me)

The good thing about TV is that theres a power button, just like your computer. If you dont like the show why not just shut it off?

merk1
03-09-2009, 07:53 AM
All the negativity or maybe jealousy because he has a job we all want. I know I wouldn't mind having his job, I don't think the same as him but come saturday mornings when its to cold to do anything I enjoy watching any fishing show. I do admit there are other shows I would rather watch as said earlier fishin alberta

Freedom55
03-09-2009, 08:05 AM
If Lund or Yamaha or Shimano or Abu Garcia for that matter would buy me a boat and all the tackle I can use to attend for free the fishing lodges throughout this great fishing country I would happily sign on, and I don't think I'd care what a bunch of Outdoorsmen thought of me.
As Kyle mentioned above, I have encountered a Large number of Large fishermen and an even Larger number of Large hunters and they seem just as know-it-all as the TV hosts. I don't know if Alex would agree, but he has said a thing or two that annoyed me but at the same time has guided me to some great spots and demonstrated techniques or knots that I still use.
If you are reading this Williams/Mooselook, I sure could use a box full of tackle!!!

Sundancefisher
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
All the negativity or maybe jealousy because he has a job we all want. I know I wouldn't mind having his job, I don't think the same as him but come saturday mornings when its to cold to do anything I enjoy watching any fishing show. I do admit there are other shows I would rather watch as said earlier fishin alberta

LOL... well said. Lots of cranky people on a crappy weekend wishing their job paid them to fish.

While many seasoned anglers laugh at the drama on some of these shows...in reality many of these guys are just like you and I...flawed in some way...some more then others granted but they took a chance in life to do a job that for many of us is just a dream. I respect the choices they made to get them to where they are. If people did not watch the shows then they would be off the air. Therefore I may criticize them...BUT I don't slam their families, their kids, their friends nor their choice of job.

If anyone could do better...why not get er done then? Glass houses...glass houses...

jesse34567
03-09-2009, 08:16 AM
how would u go about creating a fishing show? :)

Waxy
03-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Definitely one of the few fishing shows I don't watch.

If can't learn something during the show, no matter how small, then there's only one other reason to watch, it's entertaining. Going Fishing can't get either one of those things done. I've never learned a thing from his show, and I don't like being preached at by a know it all who spends as much of the 1/2hr yammering on around a camp fire as he does fishing. If sitting around a campfire and "telling it like it is" was a skill, there'd be a whole lotta rich people on this forum, myself included. :D

As for why we all don't get our own fishing shows - if only it was that simple, I know several people whose knowledge and personalities would make for an excellent fishing show, a hell of a lot better than "Going Fishing" that's for sure, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing them on TV any time soon.

Waxy

Albertadiver
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Haven't seen the show, but I'm guessing a hunting version would be somthing along these lines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZWYFFQJsFw

mooseknuckle
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
arrrgh total d#$chebag. Made the mistake of buying his fish batter. Could have dipped in a puke filled tennis shoe and had better results. This a##hole makes me angry best thing you can do is change the channel.

Donny Bear
03-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Interesting replies just for the record no jelousy I love My job and I love fishing and hunting so much so I made it my job at one time only to find out it made my favorite hobby feel like work :sick:

My issue was this; he promoted Suzuki a man that would see all of us sidelined as barbaric and non-relevant in the world around us he would see our right to do what we love taken away in a heart beat, secondly a simple observation the one saying we keep to many fish has a habit of keeping fish which is fine but while other hosts live CR he preaches it but is less likely to practice it.

Yes I did use the off button and no I will not watch him again yes I will write his sponsers.

I think we need to be environmentalists, I think "we" put more back than any others and I will speak out against people like suzuki who make millions and give back nothing.

I will speak for the Robert Bateman's who stand up for what they believe and support the causes rather than make money from them.

Oh and by the way I the originator of the thread have a weight problem so I never called him fat as I am fatter :o which is a big (no pun intended) struggle for me.

I am a hunter. I breath fall air and am consumed with the hunt, by my very nature I am a hunter no different than any other group I should have the right to be who I am.

All the nuts by nature can go collect the fruits and berries I'm gonna hunt a moose

WildCats
03-10-2009, 08:25 AM
His show is bottom end but the Dimestore Fisherman has got to be the worst one on television. I'll watch the T.V. guide for a half hour instead.

Sundancefisher
03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Joining the global warming cult is just the current state of mind. Brain washed. You think that show is bad...they actually teach global warming now in school like it is fact... Yes they have it in the ciriculum. Very biased and one sided. Very, very sad.

I have no problem teaching and discussing global temperature fluctuation theory...but currently the emotion and bias behind this is not that dissimilar to what went on socially in Germany prior to World War II.

Those that are still thinking for themselves just need to calmly express the facts not give in the cult themselves. Eventually people will come back around.

Those less educated in science and on the topic tend to be swayed most by the emotion and the chicken little's "Sky is Falling" fear mongering.

Cheers

Sun

KyleM
03-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Im my mind he's trying to place blame on Global warming for other going-ons happening in Southern Ontario waters.
You guys think he's outspoken? He needs to be.

Those of us in the Great Lakes area are tired of a number of things that have been happening over the years.

Not all have to do with "climate change".
I believe he's from Owen Sound and that area along with Meaford have been horrible for the past few years and getting worse as time goes by.

Native netting is also playing into it. The government truck comes with a bunch of fish in the spring....in the river they go, heading downstream towards the lake and into the big nets at the river mouth. Thats a whole
nother topic that I dont care to get into, just trying to give you guys an idea of what some fisherman in other parts of the country face.

As a fisherman I understand where his anger comes from.

koboss
01-15-2011, 07:50 AM
You bashers must bei just a bunch of petea or peta tree huggers with a liberal card carrying right to be a bunch of outspoken blowharts that are the reason for such retarded backscratching ministers and bioligists that only care to get there name in the paper and follow the herd.

Chronzy is the only one outspoken enough to shoot from the hip and tell it like it is you guys are brutal wake up and dummy up our fishery is goin down the tubes and its the governments fault for turning a blind eye for fear of going against the grain.
:angry3:

Champion
01-15-2011, 11:32 AM
You guys have got the Chronz all wrong he just-- Oh wait for it "Abu Garcia" and he likes to fish the basic--wait "Abu Garcia" and of course "Is this a keeper" naw I don't watch him.
And what about that " OH I think mines is bigger" IZumzi guy.
Honestly I liked to watch all the shows then a few years ago my wifes uncle from Manitoba was asked to film a show I cant remember the guys name but he has been on a while. They were after carp, lets just say they left the poor fish on the line the whole time they filmed, they would land him then let the fish swim out get his strength back and then--- "Oh got another one" ---and bring him in again. Now I don't watch as much.

If I remember correctly a few years ago Izumi was charged with animal cruelty for keeping a fish on the line for too long. There was a fish cop in the bushes watching them film.

Geezle
01-15-2011, 11:43 AM
You bashers must bei just a bunch of petea or peta tree huggers with a liberal card carrying right to be a bunch of outspoken blowharts that are the reason for such retarded backscratching ministers and bioligists that only care to get there name in the paper and follow the herd.

Chronzy is the only one outspoken enough to shoot from the hip and tell it like it is you guys are brutal wake up and dummy up our fishery is goin down the tubes and its the governments fault for turning a blind eye for fear of going against the grain.

Nice first post...do we know you? :rolleyes:

Jimboy
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Darryl is the best , he tells it like it is , hes a reg guy that likes to eat fish , so what , so do l , he,s a hallava lot better to watch than Shelly and Courtney kissin their fish goodbye and all them other phoney fishin hosts playing it out for the camera to please the peta groups out there.
The shore lunches is half the fun in fishing , to bad we cant do it anymore , we need more shows like his , and his politics are right on too.
Bob izumi is one big commercial , the guy in bc l could ditch fight with , fishin canada sucks , ltalo is a commercial also , a walking billboard ,STAND UP CRONZY AND TAKE A BOW.

goober
01-15-2011, 01:20 PM
:sign0014::sign0014:You bashers must bei just a bunch of petea or peta tree huggers with a liberal card carrying right to be a bunch of outspoken blowharts that are the reason for such retarded backscratching ministers and bioligists that only care to get there name in the paper and follow the herd.

:sign0014::sign0014:

Winch101
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Why these people are on TV with a fishing show is that they make it
so cheap that the networks cant refuse . The king was Red Fisher
he charged almost nothing to the networks to use his stuff.
His income was from sponsors and destinations.
I have had the pleasure or not of meeting a lot of these guys
Darryls a little tough in person, just like in the boat .

If you believe your own BS , than you are a star.:thinking-006:
And Donny , as always " keep up the good work "

WayneChristie
01-15-2011, 04:37 PM

if you are going to join the forum to be an azz, at least pick on a thread that isnt 2 years old!!!!! :fighting0030: or start your own, after you learn how to use your spellchecker!

chubbdarter
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
my issue with cronzy is .....he never catches big fish without guide....that being said the only technical info he ever gives is" dont bring your telephone poles bring your medium action rods"..........yes Darryl we figured that out by looking at all the shore lunch fish hanging on your stringer.

he has done some good shows with the murphys.....but dave and marilyn made them good.

if im wasting time watching a second rate fishing show.....please make the host purdy.

my favorite show ever was Jim Mclennan's fly fishing show....what happened to it?

npauls
01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
I can't handle watching cronzy.

He repeats himself around a dozen times each episode and catches cookie cutters the whole time.

If I want to watch someone catch the same sized fish the whole time I will take my old man out to PCR with a few buckets of minnows and a jig and film it.

Just not my cup of tea. I like those shows where they fish and show you techniques and are hunting for a trophy. Ya they may only get a few fish a show but there is always that chance of seeing them get a trophy.

Nate

mooseknuckle
01-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Not only that all he catches are little dink fish!! I would be embarrassed I can't freaking stand him.... He needs a diet for sure- his head looks like it is about to pop... Very shakey all the time I think hes a DRUNK!:sick:

He does seem like a big boozer. Keyrist his nose looks like rudolph. And really i try not to watch at all but when i have its always the same 2lb walleye shore lunch then a bunch of BS!!

chubbdarter
01-15-2011, 06:06 PM
i actually think Don Cherry and Darryl Cronzy are the same person

SonnyCovin
01-15-2011, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Kevin C.;280435] Personally I like Mark Krupa. He's very funny and very knowledgeable about fishing. Kronzy and Gary Cooper are both groupers when it comes to having women on their boats when they have a fish on and I find that sucks. Fish wise Big Barb and as I call him Labignose who also got caught with too many fish. He's the guy on Canadian Sportfishing gives you that pink girl fishing tips stuff drives me nuts,however if we had the money they have to go fishing and do shows we to would have a few Canadian trophy record to our name also. nuff said.

pickrel pat
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
i actually think Don Cherry and Darryl Cronzy are the same personYES! YES! YES! YES! But Don is cool beans!

packhuntr
01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I can't handle watching cronzy.

He repeats himself around a dozen times each episode and catches cookie cutters the whole time.

If I want to watch someone catch the same sized fish the whole time I will take my old man out to PCR with a few buckets of minnows and a jig and film it.

Just not my cup of tea. I like those shows where they fish and show you techniques and are hunting for a trophy. Ya they may only get a few fish a show but there is always that chance of seeing them get a trophy.

Nate

LOL! That about sums er up Nathan!:lol:

bowness
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
He is an arrogant *^%$#% and takes the glory while he is guided to the fish, at the right time of year,shown what to use and how to use it. But most of them are like that. It must just take "that type"to see yourself yapping on TV for 1/2 an hour about what you know.

dragon
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
7 straight years of temp drop and growth in the ice fields and the polar cap :tongue2:

Interesting stat... I did a quick google search because from what I've been told this isn't the case... I'm not saying it's not true but I am curious your source...

Freedom55
01-18-2011, 09:31 AM
If I remember correctly a few years ago Izumi was charged with animal cruelty for keeping a fish on the line for too long. There was a fish cop in the bushes watching them film.

At the risk of thinking of an other event entirely, you may be thinking of someone else.
There is a true story about the hosts of a Canadian fishing show wherein Henry Waszchuk and/or Italo Labignan had reeled in a fish that did not get filmed so they threw the hooked fish back in the water and filmed the second retrieve. They were seen and charged under some fisheries act or another and the show disappeared for a while. Henry re-surfaced in Florida, shilling for the resorts and golf courses and Italo fishes with the girls, shilling for Dic**** and Yam***. et al
However, I enjoy all these shows, particularly Columbia Country and two or three BC based programs that showcase the west, and have learned a bunch of tips and techniques over the years that contribute to my knowledge base. Like the tip about using laundry blueing to make the scales on an anchovy or mackeral shiny.
caution: this will make smelts invisible in the water
Besides. I like Bob. Sent my wife a magazine subscription for buying a Sh***** ultra-light rod last year.

chubbdarter
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
At the risk of thinking of an other event entirely, you may be thinking of someone else.
There is a true story about the hosts of a Canadian fishing show wherein Henry Waszchuk and/or Italo Labignan had reeled in a fish that did not get filmed so they threw the hooked fish back in the water and filmed the second retrieve. They were seen and charged under some fisheries act or another and the show disappeared for a while. Henry re-surfaced in Florida, shilling for the resorts and golf courses and Italo fishes with the girls, shilling for Dic**** and Yam***. et al
However, I enjoy all these shows, particularly Columbia Country and two or three BC based programs that showcase the west, and have learned a bunch of tips and techniques over the years that contribute to my knowledge base. Like the tip about using laundry blueing to make the scales on an anchovy or mackeral shiny.
Besides. I like Bob. Sent my wife a magazine subscription for buying a Sh***** ultra-light rod last year.

that show columbia country is awesome...saw it on Spokane channel...cant find it anymore. can you tell me the time and channel..please and thank you

Albertafisher
01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Cronzy wasn't too bad actually. But my favorite is Mark Krupa. He knows his stuff, plus he fly-fishes along with traditional fishing. win, win in my books.

whitewolf
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
me i grew up on lake toho in florida and i seen them film many a bass fishing show on toho and lake okachobee...hope my spelling is correct but every tv fisherman did it the same way...four boats working the same area and when a fish is hooked...hand it of to the host..i was young and excited to ride in the boats with these guys....until i saw what they did...kind of ruined fishing shows for me....i asked one of them once why they did that and what they said was time is money and film is expensive and so is all these guides running around trying to catch fish...i did go on a sal****er sportsman show one time and it was with a captain but it was shot as it happened and only one boat.....down there it seems we always had more action on the ocean as there is so many species you can catch useing one fishing method.....then say catching large mouth bass...but what use to **** me off is they would shoot films when the bass were bedding and you could sight fish them and they would yank the big hens of the bed they were guarding and the bluegills and crappie would move in while she was gone and eat the fry.....

rclegg
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
"Well I got the camera man, thats a rod. The boom man, thats another. My editor, one more rod and the captian. Well thats lets see, including me, thats 5 rods. Who's ready for some shore lunch!"

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

Freedom55
01-20-2011, 07:02 AM
that show columbia country is awesome...saw it on Spokane channel...cant find it anymore. can you tell me the time and channel..please and thank you

Sunday afternoons on Fox Spokane. Sometimes at 4 sometimes at 6. Seems to depend on the NFL games. Because we have Shaw Direct we get a good menu so I can find it if it airs.
CKEK Kamloops and CJPG Prince George also on Sunday PMs for BC Outdoorsman or Sportsfishing BC. Global Saskatoon and Global BC are good on Saturday AMs.
As a side bar, Darryl Choronzy has aired his last show, so every one you see from now on will be a repeat.
Please note that the palsey noted in his hands is likely due to a nerve disorder along the lines of Parkinson's disease and is probably the cause of his early departure from T.V. Someone noted last April that he shakes like a drunk and I think that assessment is wholly biased and off topic.

valve god
01-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Daryl Cronzy has had 2 heart attacks in the last couple of years and has retired from tv. The shows I have watched I does look like a nervous disorder.
Not to many good fishing shows left on the tube:(

chubbdarter
01-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Sunday afternoons on Fox Spokane. Sometimes at 4 sometimes at 6. Seems to depend on the NFL games. Because we have Shaw Direct we get a good menu so I can find it if it airs.
CKEK Kamloops and CJPG Prince George also on Sunday PMs for BC Outdoorsman or Sportsfishing BC. Global Saskatoon and Global BC are good on Saturday AMs.
As a side bar, Darryl Choronzy has aired his last show, so every one you see from now on will be a repeat.
Please note that the palsey noted in his hands is likely due to a nerve disorder along the lines of Parkinson's disease and is probably the cause of his early departure from T.V. Someone noted last April that he shakes like a drunk and I think that assessment is wholly biased and off topic.

thanks FD55

mooseknuckle
01-20-2011, 12:26 PM

I wouldnt wish a disease like that on my worst enemy but his nothing to do with his peronallity so guess what? In my books he's still a loser!!

About time for a shore lunch.

harryones
01-21-2011, 03:58 AM

Maybe check facts before posting. Ah what the heck its the internet, why bother.

Legendary fly fisherman Larry Dahlberg was arrested by a Canadian federal fisheries warden last week and charged with “molesting” a steelhead trout. The host of ESPN’s “The Hunt For Big Fish” paid a $250 fine and stormed out of B.C.

latenite
01-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Anyone remember Don Lamont? I really liked his show, as he did alot of Alberta fishing. Izumi is pretty good in my books too. I like when he and his bro are sitting around the campfire telling stories about each other. Haven't seen much eles to get excited about. I had WFN for a bit but just too much world fishing, not enough local (North America for me).
I seen some of Cronzy's fish batter mix a C.T., now we can all shore luch like The Cronz! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

chubbdarter
01-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Anyone remember Don Lamont? I really liked his show, as he did alot of Alberta fishing. Izumi is pretty good in my books too. I like when he and his bro are sitting around the campfire telling stories about each other. Haven't seen much eles to get excited about. I had WFN for a bit but just too much world fishing, not enough local (North America for me).
I seen some of Cronzy's fish batter mix a C.T., now we can all shore luch like The Cronz! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

what happened to Don Lamont?

latenite
01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Just googled him, he's in Winnipeg. I think he's still doing the Complete Angler show. He's got a blog site http://www.completeangler.net/ .

Mike_W
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Cronzy is a bit overbearing you could say but in all honestly he is kind of refreshing to watch he isnt politically correct he doesnt make you feel like a poacher if you keep a few fish for the table. I like the fact that he fishes the coast and great lakes for salmon and he goes walleye fishing. Can't say forsure but I have yet to see him catch a stipid bass. Man I hate shows that only go bass fishing.

Jiffy10
01-21-2011, 02:33 PM
On the lighter side of things.....

If your tired of watching Cronzy

switch over to m my new favorite Fishing show is

" Hookin up with Mariko Izumi "

worth the catch,
probably wouldnt release her........

mooseknuckle
01-21-2011, 02:43 PM
On the lighter side of things.....

If your tired of watching Cronzy

switch over to m my new favorite Fishing show is

" Hookin up with Mariko Izumi "

worth the catch,
probably wouldnt release her........

She's terrible.

Champion
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

I totally could have been thinking of someone else...I do remember it being big on the news for a day or 2...I do enjoy Bob's show though...

Badback
01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Cronzy is a bit overbearing you could say but in all honestly he is kind of refreshing to watch he isnt politically correct he doesnt make you feel like a poacher if you keep a few fish for the table. I like the fact that he fishes the coast and great lakes for salmon and he goes walleye fishing. Can't say forsure but I have yet to see him catch a stipid bass. Man I hate shows that only go bass fishing.

X 2....He was entertaining and he loved the sport...My favorite thing was when he would say “I know I’m going to into trouble for say this”