PDA

View Full Version : Launching at ghost

lds
06-04-2016, 11:15 PM
How's the water level? Anyone been at the launch recently?

Puma
06-04-2016, 11:23 PM
South Ramp
I was there yesterday, water is about ten feet away from the bottom of the ramp. Guys are launching but I think I will wait a bit yet. Two wheel drives are digging out the gravel pretty bad.

North ramp,
Forget about it !

Believe it or not, there were a couple of guys with a dredge and sluice box working beside the ramp, looking for gold ?

denpacc
06-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Went to see the launch yesterday, it is the same as it was one month ago, give or take a couple feet. If you have a big boat, ie. cuddy cabin or cruiser it will be interesting to get it out...if you even can. My trailer would bottom out as it drops off sharply and I have a bigger boat (21', deep V-hull). If you have a smaller, lighter boat, and 4x4, you should be fine at the south launch. Boats 18ish feet and under seemed alright at the launch if they had 4 wheel drive tow vehicle.

North launch, you'll need a Cat D7.

bonedogg
06-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Fished by the north ramp last week and some guy in. 100k boat just about had a wreck! Within feet of the ledge and us yelling he stopped, walked out and went holy Christ, " I was just about to let it float", kinda wish we would have just turned our phone on and watched it