PDA

View Full Version : Run off

slough shark
06-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Is anyone seeing much in the way of runoff this year on both the red deer and now river drainages? I would have thought it would have started by now but I haven't seen the rivers go up more than a foot and they've stayed clear and fish able the whole time.

goldscud
06-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Not much snow, little rain. I wouldn't expect too much for run off. Foothills ponds are drying out already

WayneChristie
06-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Bow is dropping like crazy again, lost most of the depth we gained the past week or so. hopefully last night dropped a lot of rain upstream.

Okotokian
06-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Sheep is running pretty clear and lower. I think runoff is over. Open in a week!! :)

WayneChristie
06-08-2016, 08:16 AM
if runoff is over you can probably count on the rivers getting shut down again, they were already almost as low as last year before the last bit came down. at least down at this end.

SKSniper
06-08-2016, 09:16 AM
The nsr had basically no run off at all this year but with the big dump of rain we got 2 weeks ago it rose around 2' and got very murky. Now it's cleared back up and is dropping down again. Hopefully we get more rain asap or the weeds will be too bad to fish again this year.

Okotokian
06-08-2016, 09:35 AM
if runoff is over you can probably count on the rivers getting shut down again, they were already almost as low as last year before the last bit came down. at least down at this end.

Hope not, but you may be right.

slough shark
06-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Huh, that's what I was kinda worried about, being in airdrie I don't see rivers unless I go driving. I've been able to keep an eye on the James out west and the red deer river around Sundre and I haven't seen even a moderate runoff all year, the only bump I saw was over the May long with that rain and snow, that isn't good as it's been pretty well low water conditions up til that point. Hope we get more rain and in regular bursts throughout the summer which is bad to need that already.

WayneChristie
06-08-2016, 06:19 PM
lower end of the Oldman was up about 3 inches or so today from the weekend

the local angler
06-08-2016, 07:54 PM
i agree i hit the lower bow a week and a half ago and i literally put my waders on and walked 3/4 of the way across the entire river looking for a deep hole to fish. in my opinion all these flood precautions being taken is a bit over done.

aulrich
06-09-2016, 09:14 AM
The bow is up a little but it's no where close to where it should be even on a low snow year it should be chocolate milk right now, I think since the flood they have been drawing down the reservoir in spring so all of the runoff goes into re filling them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutchman
06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Was at the Dickson trout pond a week ago, and when we were leaving, walked over the berm to look at Glennifer lake. What a shocker, hardly any water. Looked like a scene from a movie. Not like I boat there anyways, but I don't think I could make it from the dam to the south end with the big boat. I'll bet those resort living areas have no marina. The north end near the dam has water but the south half has none.