PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake Open Water 2016 Updates and Trips

wildwoods
06-14-2016, 11:18 PM
There seems to be 1 in 7 threads in updates on pigeon for various reasons. For me, it's my home waters. The Mecca of walleye numbers. Great spot to take beginners as they can learn so much in one day of dozens of "takes". If there's another thread similar to this forgive me. I didn't look for one.

Today (June 14th)
Low water levels at Mulhurst launch. Still launched our 18' Bayliner I/O no problem.
Visibility: the clearest I've ever seen the lake (+- only 5 years). Saw the bottom at 10'. Another poster reported seeing bottom at 14' in another thread.
Fishing: excellent. Bite was hot for the most of the 4 hours we fished today. 3 kids 3 adults 120~ fish. 10 FOW anchored in 2 spots: sandy flats.
Lures: KISS (keep it simple, stupid) 1/4-3/8 ounce any colour jig head tipped with minnows. Everyone was rocking slip bobbers 12"~ off bottom. The bobber provides that visual stimulous for kids and beginner adults alike. Heck, I don't mind them too on a day when you're rebaiting kids jogs more than you're fishing. I like the willow leaf flashers on my jigs. Although not necessary. Braided line 20 lb test and some were using mono.
Let's try to keep this thread going as we progress into algae season. That way we're not plugging up the forum with the same questions frequently.
Tight lines
Tyler

wildwoods
06-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Doubles triples we even had 5 fish at the boat in one instance.

300magman
06-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Well, just figured id hit post 1,000 by saying congrats on a good day fishing buddy, lol!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

wildwoods
06-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Well, just figured id hit post 1,000 by saying congrats on a good day fishing buddy, lol!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

now I'll build my count by saying "congrats on 1000 buddy!"
hahaha