PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish the Fraser recently?

Kurt505
06-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Got a trip booked for mid summer, wondering how the fishing is, and what it's like mid summer. I've fished it in the spring, late summer and early fall before but this will be my first mid summer trip and was just wondering what I can expect this time of year.

Kurt505
06-22-2016, 10:35 PM
Anyone?

tirebob
06-23-2016, 07:35 AM
A friend of mine has a fish camp (well B&B really that guides for sturgeon and salmon) out of Chilliwack area and he seems active but it really doesn't light up for sturgeon until later summer I think...

http://fraserriversedge.com/

If you are on FB follow his page (same name) . He is always posting pics of the monsters the land...

Kurt505
06-23-2016, 08:17 AM
A friend of mine has a fish camp (well B&B really that guides for sturgeon and salmon) out of Chilliwack area and he seems active but it really doesn't light up for sturgeon until later summer I think...

http://fraserriversedge.com/

If you are on FB follow his page (same name) . He is always posting pics of the monsters the land...

That's what I figured. I've gone once in early June, but most times it's been in late August to mid September and by then the salmon fishery is open.

Any idea when salmon opens, or is it a day by day regulation for the season opener?

Tofinoguy
06-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Doesn't look like there will be a Chinook opening on the Fraser this year. They have shut down the salt water anglers off of Victoria to try and protect what's left of that run

Kurt505
06-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Doesn't look like there will be a Chinook opening on the Fraser this year. They have shut down the salt water anglers off of Victoria to try and protect what's left of that run

Not surprising.

It's been dwindling for a while now, I'm not sure if it was the sportsmen, the fish farms, the environment or the seines, but the kings are vanishing.

Tofinoguy
06-23-2016, 10:29 AM
You forgot about the commercial gillnets that operate under the guise of a food fishery for a certain sector :angry3:

Kurt505
06-23-2016, 04:28 PM
You forgot about the commercial gillnets that operate under the guise of a food fishery for a certain sector :angry3:

A case where common sense is over ruled. Like mom giving the baby a sucker before supper to avoid the tantrum.