PDA

View Full Version : Tobin lake this time of the year

BrodyGil
06-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Hey I'm just wondering what the bite is like out on Tobin right now. We have a trip book for this weekend I'm just wondering if anyone has been up there fishing lately and what it's like. We where at moose lake this past weekend and the fishing was awesome non stop action

Talking moose
06-20-2016, 07:11 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=290241&highlight=Tobin

Talking moose
06-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Good luck! Don't overlook codette....(upstream from the dam west of nipiwan).... It's a sleeper.

deschambault
06-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Came back this week. We caught lots of walleye including a 30" in the river section but not a lot of pike except a few while bottom bouncing. We did catch quite a few pike in the main lake area but it was quite rough at times because of some strong winds. Overall I would say Tobin is fishing good like it always has while we have been there.

BrodyGil
06-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Came back this week. We caught lots of walleye including a 30" in the river section but not a lot of pike except a few while bottom bouncing. We did catch quite a few pike in the main lake area but it was quite rough at times because of some strong winds. Overall I would say Tobin is fishing good like it always has while we have been there.

Awesome thanks man. I'm looking forward to slaying some decent walleye.

Fishtracker
06-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Just back from Tobin yesterday. Walleye are biting well near where the river starts widening out into the main lake. Follow the river channel in 20-30fow and you should do well. Nightcrawlers with blades and bottom bouncers worked well.
We couldn't get on main lake because of high winds, so can't help with that area.