PDA

View Full Version : Boat windshields

PerchBuster
06-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Just thought I would put this out there to the AO members should you ever require a new boat windshield and are unable to find it or maybe your craft is no longer made etc. Give UPD Plastics a try down in Florida. Over 3000 different types of Boat windshields available. My understanding was that whenever a Boat company went out of business or no longer produced a model etc these guys would buy all the moulds for the windshields so they could be only game left in town and could continue to make them for years and years to come. In my case, my boat is no longer made. I bought a new windshield for my single console from these guys. Just had to take some measurements and send it in to them with make and model etc. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they had the originals mould and I could buy it in thicker plexi than the original if I wanted to and I could also get it in clear or a couple models of tinted. It fit perfect when I got it, came with mounting screws and rubber grommets for vibration reduction. I must say it is actually better than the original one. The service was a bit of challenge but, undeterred, I stuck it out and in the end I was extremely happy with the final outcome. Hope someone can find this useful as well. Good Luck!
:happy0180:

TROLLER
06-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Thanks great tip:)

Double_A_Ron
06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
awesome thanks for sharing!