PDA

View Full Version : Missinipe, Saskatchewan

Davef
06-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Good day all,

Me and the family are heading up that way for 8 days of camping and fishing. Going to go one day with thompson camps(guided fishing) on Otter lake. Looking for any suggestions on any other lakes in the area that fish pretty well. We will be set up at Devil's lake 8km north of Missinipe. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
Thanks,
Dave F

tirebob
06-23-2016, 07:26 AM
I fish Otter lake every year, always the first week of June. The guides at Otter are a good group of people guys. I don't use them as I know the lake really well but they are always up for chatting about what is working and where etc.

With the weather being warmer now I imagine the fish are moving deeper, but I always find Norris Bay to produce well for both walleye and big pike, as well as an area we call "the wall" which is an area my group has sort of named but most of the guides know it now as well.

Rattler Bay is known for excellent walleye fishing but we have never been able to try it as it is closed until mid June for a Walleye spawn and we are up there too early.

Watch out for rocks if you are piloting yourself. The water is lower than normal this year.

Just to give you an idea, I caught 4 pike between 15 and 20 lbs in 3 days this year and tons of walleye in the 2 to 4lb range. Overall was catching 100plus fish a day easy. You know fishing is good when you get sick of reeling in "another 3 to 5 lb pike) and you just want it to throw the hook so you don't have to handle it! Lol

YeeHaw
06-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Just below twin falls is a great walleye spot

Davef
06-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys,

keep the info coming, i am really looking forward to this trip!

Dave F

Gilligan
06-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Used to go ice fishing there a few years back . We would sled back thru the cut lines to Barker Lake . Not sure if it's a fly in lake in the summer or not but we had the best walleye fishing there .
Hope you have a great trip

Davef
06-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Bump,

Anyone else with some insight, might try lakers at mclennon.

idaman
06-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Splake and tiger trout across the road from the otterr lake airport, km 66. Brookies at km77