PDA

View Full Version : Items found at Crawling Valley

RMauthe
06-27-2016, 06:17 PM
We have been spending the last week camping and fishing at Crawling Valley and came across a couple of items that I am sure their owners would like to have back.

1. Anchor with 50ft of line.
2. Spot Marker - the kind you throw in to mark a specific spot.

Found on different occasions in different parts of the lake and different days so I doubt they belong to the same person. If you lost one of these items and can describe the item, make and general location, I would be glad to get it back to you.

Fishing has been real good. Two tubs of minnows today. Caught a 58cm and few more over 50cm last night. Its been fun.

oilngas
06-27-2016, 09:06 PM
How are the bugs?? Not trying to derail just looking for info, thinking of Crawling after the July long.

scel
06-28-2016, 12:30 AM
How are the bugs?? Not trying to derail just looking for info, thinking of Crawling after the July long.

It was a little windy today which helps keep the bugs down, but I did not notice them. I certainly did not need to put on repellent. I was there until just after sunset.

TROLLER
06-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Maybe those spot markers were left there for a reason, best to just let them be next time you come across one.

How in the world did you come across an anchor. That is a first for me.:)

sanjuanworm
06-28-2016, 09:03 AM
No bugs. Just a few caddis here and there.

RMauthe
06-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Maybe those spot markers were left there for a reason, best to just let them be next time you come across one.

How in the world did you come across an anchor. That is a first for me.:)

The marker was there for 3 days in a row and was all tangled up in the weeds with all the line out. At this point it was trash - IMHO

The anchor had a floating line attached...

deschambault
06-29-2016, 12:53 PM
There is all kinds of stuff in Crawling Valley - I drifted over an old boat motor one time while casting for pike.

waterninja
06-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Must apologize to you RM. I thought this was another thread complaining about litter. Good on you for trying to find the owner of these forgotten items.

Zip-in-Z
06-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Must apologize to you RM. I thought this was another thread complaining about litter. Good on you for trying to find the owner of these forgotten items.

I was thinkin the same thing as Ninja .... and if no one claims them, you got more stuff for the next Yard Sail!