PDA

View Full Version : Elinor lake question

Typical
06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Does anybody knows what is happening with the perch at Elinor lake. I don't know if the sponding is real late this year or what/ Nobody seems to be catching any perch.
Does anybody had the same experience ?

Talking moose
06-28-2016, 05:45 AM
Does anybody knows what is happening with the perch at Elinor lake. I don't know if the sponding is real late this year or what/ Nobody seems to be catching any perch.
Does anybody had the same experience ?

Spawning is triggered by water temp. If anything, spawning would of taken place a few weeks earlier than usual.

Typical
06-29-2016, 08:39 AM
bump

Rage.0
06-29-2016, 09:41 AM
There are lots of things happening to the Perch in that lake, first of all the exponentially growing walleye population has all but taken over that lake, and we are not talking trophy walleye, just stunted <43cm walleye. Secondly, the annual "Perch Fishing Competition" by the cabin and lot owners on that lake doesn't help and is completely pointless. "hey let's ruin our lake" "hey that's a great idea" "hey where did all the perch go?" Frustrates me to say the least. Back when that lake had a healthy perch population, all the fish were healthy. Caught 7lb+ walleye, 15lb+ pike. Now everything is stunted. :sign0176: People can say whatever they want but I have been fishing that lake for along time and over the past 5 years it has taken a beating. Maybe they will come back over time but ESRD needs to pull their head out of their asses and realize that the money from the walleye draw system isn't worth destroying our lakes for, and people need to realize that fish are one of our most prized resources.

TROLLER
06-29-2016, 10:00 AM
WELL SAID:sHa_shakeshout:

teamgreasegun
12-27-2016, 07:59 PM
Anyone try out elinor yet this year? Anyone driving across to islands yet? General ice conditions? Thanks.

mcampbe3
05-15-2018, 07:56 PM
ELINOR LAKE, Alberta, Looking for Info
I was planning on going to Elinor lake Alberta this year but heard from a friend that there is nowhere to park your truck and trailer after you launch your boat. The boat launch is at the end of a gravel road, just enough room to turn around and drive out. Has anyone been that can help me out? I don't want to drive all that way for nothing.

Penner
05-16-2018, 07:23 AM
money from the walleye draw system

Are you suggesting the government is making a large profit from the Walleye draw?

cube
05-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Are you suggesting the government is making a large profit from the Walleye draw?

That post was 2 years old. Not sure if he holds the same view on that anymore or not.