PDA

View Full Version : World Record Rainbow Trout 43.5 lbs

Chopper
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Check out this hog boys and girls.

burbotman14
03-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Caught by The Fishinggeeks. They also have the possible IFGA World Record Burbot. Good ole Saskatchewan.

BigRackLover
03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
wowzers!

Duck Hunt
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Similar to one I pulled out of chain the other weekend! WoW

blackpheasant
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Similar to one I pulled out of chain the other weekend! WoW

Less 42.5 no doubt...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

blackpheasant
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
That's un-real, no food shortage where that Bow came from, thanks for posting...

nicemustang
03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Gee, you need a 20" hole to get that out. WOW, that's awesome. Any other details?

bobbypetrolia
03-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Two brothers from Saskatchewan have kinda been on a mission in the last couple of years to break and rebreak the world record for rainbow. They fish Deifenbaker Lake and hold most of the world records for most line classes of rainbows. These mutant rainbows are all escapee's from a large fish farm on the lake. When the ice goes out in the spring, it takes most of the nets that contain these fish with it. I believe most of the fish are considered 'triploids' and are unable to reproduce......this is why they grow to unreal proportions. Field & Stream has done a couple write-up about this brother tandem recently. Quite a few people are pretty angry over these 'farmed fish' being allowed to take up the spot in the record books, but until the rules change, it is the new world record.

goober
03-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Gee, you need a 20" hole to get that out. WOW, that's awesome. Any other details?

Take a look on YouTube under fishing geeks and you will find some great videos they have done. These guys are total slayers of all fish. There is a great vid on there of them on their mission to catch the new world record Burbot. I believe they use to guide on Diefenbaker but I am pretty sure one of the brothers has moved to Spruce Grove now (so I have heard).

goober
03-10-2009, 05:24 AM
I will make it a bit easier, here is a link to the geeks on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fishinggeeks

Freedom55
03-10-2009, 08:25 AM
That photo will be two years old in June. The original story included the information that this MUTANT was caught from shore casting a 5 of diamonds. This fish was caught at the Gardiner Dam end of the pond (north) which is 1.5 hours from my Sask. house. My wife and I fish this reservoir a lot and she still has bragging rights for the biggest trout in our personal "dollar for the first,most,biggest" contest. The fish farm is located near Riverhurst at the elbow and just north of the ferry and does not loose fish every year to the ice.
There was one memorial event in late winter 2000 that created a fire storm of rumours and pitted man against man in a feverish attempt to land this windfall. By feverish I mean fist fights and boat rammings and other manly attempts to out-fish the competition.
The escaped fish were all in the 5-7 lb class and were very pink fleshed compared to native trout due to the coloring added to the food pellets. Apparently these fish are sold primarily in Europe and they prefer the meat to be red. This lake has as many species of fish that you can name and while most fish are larger than the pot hole lakes around here, we all know that a 43lb rainbow is a freak. The only legitimate record (in my view) is the line class which I understand is less than 8# and my 24# Gerard (Shuswap'82) still stands tops in my book.

jts1
03-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Diefenbaker Lake if I am correct. Got some monsters in there I tell ya. I was bottom bouncing there a few years ago for Eyes I hooked into a frick'n monster something. Darn thing spooled me and snapped the line being from that area I have seen and heard of some "Jaws" like fish coming out of that lake. If you ever get the chance get out there it is well worth the trip.

chuck0039
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
That photo will be two years old in June. The original story included the information that this MUTANT was caught from shore casting a 5 of diamonds.

I thought they caught that thing on a Mepps Syclops Spoon?

hunt_and_fish
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I thought they caught that thing on a Mepps Syclops Spoon?

That's correct.

Freedom55
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I stand corrected. A 50D is what I use, mostly.
D.C.