PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake help

TROLLER
07-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Never been but have along with a friend tags.

My question is what is the best way to access the lake, if I am coming from Airdrie going north what is the best way to get there, and how do I get to the campground that has a boat launch.

Last, what time do they open up the launch and is there a charge.

thanks

fish99
07-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Never been but have along with a friend tags.

My question is what is the best way to access the lake, if I am coming from Airdrie going north what is the best way to get there, and how do I get to the campground that has a boat launch.

Last, what time do they open up the launch and is there a charge.

thanks

# 2 hiway north to hiway 13 west follow signs to pigeon provincial park,, boat launch free and always open

Outdoorfanatic
07-03-2016, 09:13 PM
The friend must be with you to fill tags. Also I believe their are Class C tags still available for you to pick up, that way you and your friend can both fish.
COs frequent the launch often.

TROLLER
07-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Well we found the place all right.

Great day but it was not as easy to fill 6 class C tags as one would think. I have not had many days where almost every walleye was between 50 and 60

Had one delay in action when the weather took a turn, but headed back to shore and only had a 30 minute wait and back to it.

Great day on the water, only about 10 boats we filled all 6 of our tags but not until a good 8 hrs of hard fishing. Good times for sure. Also looks like the Blue Algae is about to start to rear it's ugly head.

EZM
07-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Well we found the place all right.

Great day but it was not as easy to fill 6 class C tags as one would think. I have not had many days where almost every walleye was between 50 and 60

Had one delay in action when the weather took a turn, but headed back to shore and only had a 30 minute wait and back to it.

Great day on the water, only about 10 boats we filled all 6 of our tags but not until a good 8 hrs of hard fishing. Good times for sure. Also looks like the Blue Algae is about to start to rear it's ugly head.

Filling the "under" slot sized tags at Pigeon can be a challenge for sure. All the walleye in there seem to be of a bigger age class. Healthy, chunky fish for sure.

Pigeon will get blue green algae every year it seems to me. Too much nutrients and not enough water flowing out of there. I always try and fill my tags before the end of June for this reason.