PDA

View Full Version : Motor Restrictions

murph89
07-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Hi there, I'm looking at getting a boat to be mostly used for fishing, but also to tow my nephew around in a tube or something once in a while. I'm looking for something in the 16-18ft range, with like a 90HP outboard.

I'm pretty inexperienced fishing from a boat, but I know that there's places with restrictions on certain motors and everything. I've been looking, but am struggling to find information on where such a motor is/isn't allowed. Both here in Southern Alberta, and also toying with the idea of taking some trips to BC.

If anyone has some information, or somewhere I can get some information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Okotokian
07-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Here is a listing of all lakes with provincial park or recreation area designations. Just do a search on "power boating". Look for the symbol with the guy in a boat with an outboard engine. Now some of those lakes may still have a speed restriction.

http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertaparksca/visit-our-parks/find-a-park/by-activity.aspx

LutherDLG
07-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I just got back from Jasper National Park and there are no gas powered boats allowed anywhere in the Park for example - I find it easier to remember that way.

That's just one area, but the parks normally have the most restrictions.

murph89
07-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys! Just picked up my new boat on Monday, and this info is going to be really handy!