PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake, shore fishing

vovk10
07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone, does anyone know if I can fish from the shore on Slave lake? If so would you recommend any specific spots? We are going there early August, staying on the Marten River campground...

skidderman
07-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Right now it's good in the Lessor Slave River and although I don't see it I expect if one casts off shore there might be a good chance as they are in shallow. The problem with August is that they go deep. Only hope is on the River just east of the boat launch. Unless there are other spots I'm not aware of which may be.

Dean2
07-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Wade out in the shallows and fish the channel of the Marten River. Good perch, jack and some walleye. There are an amazing number of 2-3 lb walleyes in water under 10 feet, even in August on Slave. Most guys fish the drops because the shallows are so expansive but if you do a little careful wading and fishing with slip bobbers and leeches you will find a ton of perch walleye and pike shallow. Look for weedy areas that have lateral ditches. Depth change from flat to ditch over 3 feet and you are in business.