PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee yesterday

calgarygringo
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Well we managed a trip yesterday in the nasty cold weather to Pine Coulee for the late afternoon evening fish.
Caught 9 burbs and a couple wallys. Lots of other bites and almost up the holes as well. If you head out by the boat launch be careful as at the end of the launch the ice appears to have opened up and heaved. There is a ridge right as you come off the ramp. Must have happened sometime after we left last Monday. Looks ok right now but may be an issue when things warm up again. We must have been the only crazy ones as no one else to be found day or night.

jts1
03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Was a heck of a lot of ice out there last time. Just a pressure ridge ? Or melted on the launch ?

4D7
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah i think its a pressure ridge, it was there when we went on saturday

calgarygringo
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes it was a pressure ridge. It seemed solid but if you hit it at a clip you may go airborn.......

Duck Hunt
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I was also out last saturday, wow nice heave! We decided to fish near the bridge, but when we got close we noticed the water is now open under the bridge, pulled a quick ***** hook and got the heck out of there! Ended up fishing a ways from the bridge, but was quite surprised to see the ice to be about 19 inches on the tape, a large diference from the weekend before.

BearnDown
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
The ice is fine at the bridge Duck, don't be such a ***** :lol::lol:

We were there Fri night, had 20" plus within 50 ft of the bridge

Duck Hunt
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Trust me on this one, Ill even say it slow for ya, TTHHEE IICCEE IISS OOPPEENN UUNNDDEERR TTHHEE BBRRIIDDGGEE, Alex will agree with me on this one! You didn't show up when it was already dark did ya? Hate to see you lose the the mini van:tongue2:

BearnDown
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Ya I saw it, I walked over there and drilled a hole less than a foot from the open water....20"+ still! Its only around the pillars thats open....which brings me back to my original statement...DON'T BE SUCH A ***** DUCK! lololol

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

jesse34567
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Ya I saw it, I walked over there and drilled a hole less than a foot from the open water....20"+ still! Its only around the pillars thats open....which brings me back to my original statement...DON'T BE SUCH A ***** DUCK! lololol

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

FisherAlex
03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
He wasn't S****in ya, at least half of the bridge length was open with decent waves, and the bay on the west side of teh bridge had some open, wavey water as well. Either way, it was fun, and thanx to the storm didn't catch hell for stayin out fishin too long. :evilgrin:

daniel
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Hello,
How far is this lake from Calgary?
How i will get there?Can you help please with some direction?
Thank you,
daniel

calgarygringo
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Head south on hiway 2. Go through Nanton and watch for town of Stavely on left just before Claresholm. Turn right at Stavely (west) on hiway 527. Road goes over bridge of lake then veers left. Go down that road and watch for faded campground /boat launch sign and turn left to the launch and you can drive right on the lake. You can also stop at the bridge and walk on as well. From south end of town towing my trailer/shack we are about 1 hour 15 mins. If you are vehicle only probably could knock a little time of that

jts1
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Will be there Sunday Night In a Silver Blazer after the Chain Lake gathering around boat launch Hope to see some of you out there