PDA

View Full Version : Premier Lake B.C.

Wes_G
07-05-2016, 11:05 PM
When I first fished this lake about 20 years ago it was pretty awesome, we would only fish after dinner and had 15-20 fish evenings. Since then it has seemed to get slower and slower every time we went. Last time I was out about 5 years ago now we were lucky to get 2 or 3 fish per night. Will be heading out there for the august long and wondering if anyone has hit it this year and how its fishing, or even if you were out there last year? Is this lake a shadow of its former self? We will be fly fishing from a boat but I am open to any other tactics that produce.

yetiseeker
07-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Fished it 2 years ago now. Pretty tough fish when we were there.

Saw one HOG but showed no interest. This lake is fished pretty heavily from what I saw.

Managed a few fish by casting a 6 weight fly line with a black leech, letting it sink to bottom, and then essentially sight fishing by waiting for a fish to swim along the ledge, and when it was 2 or 3 feet from my leech, small strips to get its' attention.

This presentation was the only way I could get any interest. Trolling was dead. Lots of pressure on a lake - try to slow down and present your fly/hook in as natural as a presentation as you can.

Good luck.

marty1
07-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Fly fishing can be tough I've done well casting olive and black wholly buggers also I've done well on leaches under a indicator. Pick up some small flat fish black with some sparkles I believe the size you want are f5 their just over a inch long and have always produced for me. Good luck

Wes_G
07-06-2016, 05:42 PM
I know when we have been out most guys we saw were fishing chironomids. We were mostly just pulling around wooly buggers or damsel flys from the float tubes.

Do you add any weight to the flat fish while you are trolling it?

marty1
07-06-2016, 09:52 PM
I know when we have been out most guys we saw were fishing chironomids. We were mostly just pulling around wooly buggers or damsel flys from the float tubes.

Do you add any weight to the flat fish while you are trolling it?

No not usually I just stay on the inside of the drop on top of the flats long line it straight behind the boat and go slow ,doesn't take much for the flat fish to do its thing.zig zag all through the shallows and you'll catch them.