PDA

View Full Version : winshell lake update

goose
07-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Hello all, I have been fishing this lake for a few hours each day during the past week and I cannot believe how many anglers are targeting this lake now. If you come later than 9 am you will not find a spot to fish from shore it is crazy busy. Last weekend there were 20 anglers plus kids along the lake and it was tough to troll as we couldn't find enough shore line to troll without intruding on the shore fisherman who cast out to the middle of the lake so we stayed out in the middle and didn't catch very much. Looks like I am going to have to find anther place to fish way to busy!

cheers
Goose:sHa_shakeshout:

TROLLER
07-07-2016, 09:34 AM
In a loud voice maybe you should have been talking about how good the fishing is at Dewitts compared to here and we may as well pack up and go some place we know we can catch a few.:)

goose
07-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Sorry about the rant just alittle frustrated.
goose
:sHa_shakeshout:

Puma
07-07-2016, 04:31 PM
FYI, it's Winchell. But yes in summer it does get busy. Better during the week or after ice out when there's no-one around and the fish don't taste of swamp.

We release everything we catch there in summer, unfortunately the fish taste like mud. The burgers at the Water Valley Saloon taste good afterwards !