PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones failed drug test

wildbill
07-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Sounds like old Jon Jones failed his pee pee test, wonder who will replace him? Main event at the "biggest UFC ever!" Hopefully it's Rumble Johnston, should be interesting.......haha....gotta love random pee pee tests.

histyle
07-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Sounds like old Jon Jones failed his pee pee test, wonder who will replace him? Main event at the "biggest UFC ever!" Hopefully it's Rumble Johnston, should be interesting.......haha....gotta love random pee pee tests.

Wow, that sucks. Maybe he should have listened to Cormier, and gotten his poop in a group. I've been looking forward to that fight, but I wanna see Hunt knock out Lesnar more!!

wildbill
07-06-2016, 10:52 PM
Wow, that sucks. Maybe he should have listened to Cormier, and gotten his poop in a group. I've been looking forward to that fight, but I wanna see Hunt knock out Lesnar more!!
Haha, freak show fight...

histyle
07-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Haha, freak show fight...

For sure, that fight is something you'd expect to see in the old Pride Fighting.

There's still a lot of good fights on the card though. I'd love to see a transcript of what Dana White had to say to Jones.:)

Kurt505
07-06-2016, 11:09 PM
I have to cheer for Lesner now :mad0030:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/Kurt505Hunter/4EBD8D1B-A3E3-4140-9444-D45220DA3B0D.jpg (http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Kurt505Hunter/media/4EBD8D1B-A3E3-4140-9444-D45220DA3B0D.jpg.html)

Jones is a washed up druggie. He barely won his last fight, I'd say it could have went either way.

deerguy
07-07-2016, 05:04 AM
You think Jon Jones is washed up and barely won the fight? I'm not a fan of the guy but he is far from washed up lol

last minute
07-07-2016, 05:46 AM
I have to ask who really cares:thinking-006:

coreya3212
07-07-2016, 05:52 AM
I have to ask who really cares:thinking-006:

Probably just those who open the thread and take the time to comment...why would you do that if you don't care?

last minute
07-07-2016, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=coreya3212;3271848]Probably just those who open the thread and take the time to comment...why would you do that if you don't care?[/QUO:confused:

58thecat
07-07-2016, 06:47 AM
You think Jon Jones is washed up and barely won the fight? I'm not a fan of the guy but he is far from washed up lol

Just gotta clean up...that may be his stumbling part...

srs123
07-07-2016, 06:50 AM
He's a punk and I don't get why people, especially like him. Mr. Eye poker.
I hope the UFC fires him as this his 3rd strike

wildbill
07-07-2016, 06:51 AM
Probably just those who open the thread and take the time to comment...why would you do that if you don't care?

X2

CaberTosser
07-07-2016, 07:39 AM
I used to think Jones was a really decent guy after reading the story of him catching a bad guy in a park and handing him off to the cops just preceding one of his fights (I forgot the bad guys crime). The tale went down that he was meditating or such when he witnessed the crime and took action. These days I see him as an egomaniac who has let success go to his head and a person who is subservient to his recreational chemicals.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 08:17 AM
I used to think Jones was a really decent guy after reading the story of him catching a bad guy in a park and handing him off to the cops just preceding one of his fights (I forgot the bad guys crime). The tale went down that he was meditating or such when he witnessed the crime and took action. These days I see him as an egomaniac who has let success go to his head and a person who is subservient to his recreational chemicals.

I think I will wait to find out what test he failed on first before I condemn him .I still think he is a great fighter.

Mack

elkhunter11
07-07-2016, 08:54 AM

He may still be a capable fighter, but that doesn't matter if nobody will risk booking hm to fight anymore. And based on his recent behavior, I am not sure that he will ever get another opportunity in the UFC.

CaberTosser
07-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I think I will wait to find out what test he failed on first before I condemn him .I still think he is a great fighter.

Mack

His previous hit & run and fleeing the scene sealed the deal for me. That's not the action of a person with sound moral character. Sure he's got the chops for fighting, but I agree that holding these athletes to some ethical standards is the right thing to do.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 09:25 AM

He was on PED's and still looked really sloppy against Ovince. If his last fight was against DC he would have lost. When I say washed up I'm comparing him to his cokeface party days, when he was pure energy. I doubt that without the drugs he will ever be the fighter he once was.

On a side note, what he's done to the UFC, DC, and the millions of fans who were excited about the match up on UFC 200 is inexcusable. Unless of course it turns out the test results were wrong.......

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 09:30 AM
His previous hit & run and fleeing the scene sealed the deal for me. That's not the action of a person with sound moral character. Sure he's got the chops for fighting, but I agree that holding these athletes to some ethical standards is the right thing to do.

Sorry but I don't hold them to any higher standard then anyone else so until I know what he's banned for I will not hold it against him. There has been lost of football hockey and baseball players that have done things including wife beating that people still worship. I'm not saying it is right.

Mack

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 09:32 AM
He was on PED's and still looked really sloppy against Ovince. If his last fight was against DC he would have lost. When I say washed up I'm comparing him to his cokeface party days, when he was pure energy. I doubt that without the drugs he will ever be the fighter he once was.

On a side note, what he's done to the UFC, DC, and the millions of fans who were excited about the match up on UFC 200 is inexcusable. Unless of course it turns out the test results were wrong.......

So why not wait till you know the truth ....or do you believe in guilty till proven innocent.

Mack

wildbill
07-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Lets not forget he's previously tested positive for cocaine as well, nothing happened with that, then Diaz smokes a tuner and gets suspended. I don't see the logic if anything pot would make you slower in the ring where as coke would do the opposite. Jones is extremely talented and young. He has gotten complacent, his ego is getting the best of him, that last fight did not compare to any of his previous fights, that was a way lesser opponent but Jones still couldn't put him away. What I think he needs is someone like rumble Johnston to knock him out and bring him back to earth. Johnston destroyed Gustauphson, who many think beat Jones when they squared off. We've all been at cross roads in our lives, I think this is where Jones is at right now, it would be a shame to see someone like that crash and burn and waste such a god given talent. We shall see.

wildbill
07-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Regardless if the test is legit or not he will not be in UFC 200.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 09:46 AM
So why not wait till you know the truth ....or do you believe in guilty till proven innocent.

Mack

The test was done on June 16th, I'm pretty sure this wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to a "possible positive test result". Shutting down the big show on a whim is most likely not something that happens without a lot of i dotting and t crossing.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry....

"There's a few things that I've tried that have nothing to do with performance, I can't even pronounce"

Watched the press conference, it don't look good.

Okotokian
07-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Athletics in general should quit all this bs. UFC should just have a steroid division. People would still want to watch the fastest, most bulked up athletes possible. Would be harder in other sports, but come on, this is a sport where people kick each other in the head with no protective equipment. You trying to tell me Dana White or the fans care about long term steroid damage? LOL

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Listening to his PO it sounds like he's worked hard to turn his life around, I'm interested to see the facts in the end.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 11:14 AM
The test was done on June 16th, I'm pretty sure this wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to a "possible positive test result". Shutting down the big show on a whim is most likely not something that happens without a lot of i dotting and t crossing.

But you still have no idea what he tested positive for????

Mack

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Mack

He couldn't pronounce it. Did you watch the press conference?

silverdoctor
07-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Mack

You're right Mack, it's just more of the guilty until proven innocent that our society has become. The far left is definitely winning.

Talking moose
07-07-2016, 11:30 AM
You're right Mack, it's just more of the guilty until proven innocent that our society has become. The far left is definitely winning.

Kurt is about as far right as they come...

silverdoctor
07-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Kurt is about as far right as they come...

So in the last go round, Jones failed an out of competition test on December 4 and popped positive for coke. But the test on December 18th he passed.

The current tests haven't been released, been what, 2 weeks? What did he pop positive for? Would be nice to know before hanging the guy.

Talking moose
07-07-2016, 12:00 PM
So in the last go round, Jones failed an out of competition test on December 4 and popped positive for coke. But the test on December 18th he passed.

The current tests haven't been released, been what, 2 weeks? What did he pop positive for? Would be nice to know before hanging the guy.

drugs I'm told. Yes would be interesting.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Did you watch the press conference? I quoted his exact words. He come out apologizing with his tail between his legs. If he was totally innocent I think he would have come out angry. If I just lost 7 or 8 digits for a false test result I would be choked, I would be on a head hunt, not passively accepting false results.

They are testing the B sample today, it won't be long until the full story comes out. He said he tried some stuff that wasn't performance enhancing, but couldn't pronounce the name of it....

I'm not saying 100% he's guilty, I'm just sayin.....

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 12:28 PM
drugs I'm told. Yes would be interesting.

Who told you drugs ? And what drug?

Mack

Talking moose
07-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Who told you drugs ? And what drug?

Mack

My sources haven't disclosed that information yet. I will let you know after the information has been released to myself.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Lets not forget he's previously tested positive for cocaine as well, nothing happened with that, then Diaz smokes a tuner and gets suspended. I don't see the logic if anything pot would make you slower in the ring where as coke would do the opposite. Jones is extremely talented and young. He has gotten complacent, his ego is getting the best of him, that last fight did not compare to any of his previous fights, that was a way lesser opponent but Jones still couldn't put him away. What I think he needs is someone like rumble Johnston to knock him out and bring him back to earth. Johnston destroyed Gustauphson, who many think beat Jones when they squared off. We've all been at cross roads in our lives, I think this is where Jones is at right now, it would be a shame to see someone like that crash and burn and waste such a god given talent. We shall see.

If you know the rules in the drug testing you would know why Jones was not banned and Diaz was. It is easy to figure it out.

Mack

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 12:42 PM
My sources haven't disclosed that information yet. I will let you know after the information has been released to myself.

Can't see it being recreational drugs dose not make sense.

Mack

Talking moose
07-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Can't see it being recreational drugs dose not make sense.

Mack

Well I would guess its recreational or performance enhancing.....athletes doctors are well aware of what would be a no-no if tested.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Well I would guess its recreational or performance enhancing.....athletes doctors are well aware of what would be a no-no if tested.

Actually it was an out of competition test most rec. drugs are only a banning offence if it is an in competition test.

Mack

fluxcore
07-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Funny thing is he was notified of the positive test and what it was then given 24 hrs to respond with a statement yet he can't pronounce the name? Lol his camp is going crazy trying to find a supplement or any possible way the drug got into him! You can bet he can pronounce the drug thats about to sideline him for 2 YEARS !!!! Jones already said if an appeal fails he will serve his 2 year suspension and be back, he's screwed. And yes it's two years he's facing with the new rules!

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Funny thing is he was notified of the positive test and what it was then given 24 hrs to respond with a statement yet he can't pronounce the name? Lol his camp is going crazy trying to find a supplement or any possible way the drug got into him! You can bet he can pronounce the drug thats about to sideline him for 2 YEARS !!!! Jones already said if an appeal fails he will serve his 2 year suspension and be back, he's screwed. And yes it's two years he's facing with the new rules!

Diaz was give 5 years and it was reduced to 18 months who knows anymore. If guilty he desk the suspension if not then what he loses far to much.

Mack

Supergrit
07-07-2016, 01:54 PM
That will cost him.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 01:57 PM

Sta sta sta sta coke...... I can't pronounce it.

wildbill
07-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Athletics in general should quit all this bs. UFC should just have a steroid division. People would still want to watch the fastest, most bulked up athletes possible. Would be harder in other sports, but come on, this is a sport where people kick each other in the head with no protective equipment. You trying to tell me Dana White or the fans care about long term steroid damage? LOL

Lmfao, that's how the old ufc used to be, I still remember that Asian guy that got punched like a thousand times or ol' tank abbot oh those were the glory days of mma!

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Sta sta sta sta coke...... I can't pronounce it.

Can almost guarantee not coke.

Mack

M.C. Gusto
07-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Since the new testing system has come in it's amazing how different these guys look. Guaranteed it's a PED and not coke. Nate Diaz say d it best today at the press conference, "everyone's on steroids."
I can't think of another fighter in recent history who has totally blew his career like him over complete stupidity.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Mack

I have no doubt it most likely wasn't coke either from listening to his PO, I was making a joke.... Well trying to.

Nester
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Great fighter, loser at life.

See him again in 2 years over at Bellator if he doesn't kill himself with hookers and blow first.

fluxcore
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Diaz was give 5 years and it was reduced to 18 months who knows anymore. If guilty he desk the suspension if not then what he loses far to much.

Mack

For pot and he had a prescription card for it lol not a performance enhancing drug! Compleatly different also only ONE of his samples was positive. Cocaine is not on the Banned substance list & pot is go figure

fluxcore
07-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Mack

Nope not coke and they wouldn't care if it was because cocane is not on the banned substance list and isn't considered a PED, it is on the UFC conduct policy that fighters sign so the UFC can suspend a fighter for a violation but a fight result can't be turned over if u win coked out of your mind lol stoned on pot it's turned to a no contest...... Go figure lolol

I think jones is going to disappear and were going to look back and and think what could have been. Another sad sports story

agentsmith
07-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Actually it was an out of competition test most rec. drugs are only a banning offence if it is an in competition test.

MackCorrect, "drugs of abuse" aren't banned when "out of competition", or at least not by the regulatory agencies. Jones wasn't suspended when he tested positive for coke in December 2014, because they weren't even supposed to test for it. In that case the fight went ahead, and the news didn't come out until a few days after. The UFC's own code of conduct is another matter, but they didn't bench him either until the hit and run incident a few months later. So for him to get flagged and pulled from this fight means he must have tested positive for some kind of performance enhancer or masking agent, not coke or pot.

More about this in this article:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/7/12115462/jon-jones-ufc-200-usada-ped-test-cocaine
Note the part at the end about how his supplements sponsor warns of a "false positive" with one of their products.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Correct, "drugs of abuse" aren't banned when "out of competition", or at least not by the regulatory agencies. Jones wasn't suspended when he tested positive for coke in December 2014, because they weren't even supposed to test for it. In that case the fight went ahead, and the news didn't come out until a few days after. The UFC's own code of conduct is another matter, but they didn't bench him either until the hit and run incident a few months later. So for him to get flagged and pulled from this fight means he must have tested positive for some kind of performance enhancer or masking agent, not coke or pot.

More about this in this article:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/7/12115462/jon-jones-ufc-200-usada-ped-test-cocaine
Note the part at the end about how his supplements sponsor warns of a "false positive" with one of their products.

All true

Mack

RavYak
07-07-2016, 05:28 PM
He looked guilty in the press conference stammering his way through it and breaking into tears...

I think he tried to get himself on the right track, got caught with this test and already knows that he screwed up again. If he actually thought he was clean I don't see him reacting the way he did. I think he already knows he was caught and now he knows what he has to deal with.

RavYak
07-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Oh and there are reports saying that he tested positive for 2 banned substances.

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 05:41 PM
For pot and he had a prescription card for it lol not a performance enhancing drug! Compleatly different also only ONE of his samples was positive. Cocaine is not on the Banned substance list & pot is go figure

Nope not coke and they wouldn't care if it was because cocane is not on the banned substance list and isn't considered a PED, it is on the UFC conduct policy that fighters sign so the UFC can suspend a fighter for a violation but a fight result can't be turned over if u win coked out of your mind lol stoned on pot it's turned to a no contest...... Go figure lolol

I think jones is going to disappear and were going to look back and and think what could have been. Another sad sports story

This is not 100% true both Cocaine and Marijuana are banned substances in an in competition test but not in an out of competition test .that is why diaz was suspended and jones was not. It had nothing to do with the difference in drugs.

Mack

DiabeticKripple
07-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Anderson Silva vs Cormier now

Talking moose
07-07-2016, 09:53 PM

I love watching silva

riden
07-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Could be interesting.....hope Cormier knocks him out

wildbill
07-07-2016, 10:01 PM
hate to say it but cormier would eat silvia alive! on a brighter note eddy alveres just throttled dos anjos to become the new champ!

histyle
07-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Anderson Silva was one of the best fighters ever, so was Chuck Liddel. When they were in their prime. Anderson is no longer in his prime (Bisping fight?), and it will be on full display against DC. Silva's still dangerous, but DC will destroy him.

Kurt505
07-07-2016, 10:11 PM
hate to say it but cormier would eat silvia alive! on a brighter note eddy alveres just throttled dos anjos to become the new champ!

Awesome fight hey? Dos Anjos got one hell of a chin!!!

Mackinaw
07-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Would love to see Spider take Cormier out.

Mack

wildbill
07-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Would love to see Spider take Cormier out.

Mack
Well, they are both pretty old, never know, either one could blow hip hahaha, but seriously it would be good to see the old Anderson Silva back, I don't know, Cormier is a beast, I give the fight to Cormier based on Silvias time to prepare for the fight.

wildbill
07-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Awesome fight hey? Dos Anjos got one hell of a chin!!!
One hell of a sore chin now, still ****ed he beat Cerrone, that guy is a character.

roper1
07-07-2016, 11:18 PM
I don't like Silva or Jones, I think they both disrespect the sport.

wildbill
07-08-2016, 12:02 AM
Now Brock and Hunt are the main event!

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 07:17 AM

No Tate and Nunez are going to be main now.

Mack

Talking moose
07-08-2016, 07:21 AM

Never ever looked at Brock as a main event, more of a side show...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

wildbill
07-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Never ever looked at Brock as a main event, more of a side show...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lets not forget he tuned Couture on of the best heavy weights ever, but, that said you're right he is a side show.

Talking moose
07-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Lets not forget he tuned Couture on of the best heavy weights ever, but, that said you're right he is a side show.

Couture was pretty old guy(but tuff). By the end of his career he was no match for the new style fighters entering their prime. Imo
One thing is for sure though... Those old timers of the sport sure could take beatings.... There was no quit in them, many would take a broken arm rather than tap out!

1899b
07-08-2016, 07:41 AM

What are you talking about? He was a standout amateur wrestler and his collegiate record was awesome. His athleticism at that size is outstanding as well. He is quicker than those 50 to 80 lbs lighter than him.

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 07:56 AM
What are you talking about? He was a standout amateur wrestler and his collegiate record was awesome. His athleticism at that size is outstanding as well. He is quicker than those 50 to 80 lbs lighter than him.

Brock will always be a sideshow fighter not unlike Bob Sapp. Not saying they are not good fighters but will always be oddities.

Mack

Lefty-Canuck
07-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Brock Lesner will likely rush in swinging hoping to catch Hunt sitting still... If not it will result in him gassing out in the first round if he doesn't catch him.

I foresee he will either win in the first minute...if it makes a full round he will lose, that's my prediction :)

LC

Talking moose
07-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Brock Lesner will likely rush in swinging hoping to catch Hunt sitting still... If not it will result in him gassing out in the first round if he doesn't catch him.

I foresee he will either win in the first minute...if it makes a full round he will lose, that's my prediction :)

LC

Like a bigger Tank Abbot.

Kurt505
07-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Like a bigger Tank Abbot.

Like a bigger, faster, stronger Tank Abbott.

riden
07-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Lesnar will want this fight on the ground, he won't be wading in at all. I see him going for the early take down like he has often. He doesn't like getting hit and won't want Hunt to hit him once.

wildbill
07-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I don't think Hunt is on same level as Brock, but all it take is one love tap on the mighty Brock's glass jaw and game over, should be interesting.

1899b
07-08-2016, 12:16 PM
I don't think Hunt is on same level as Brock, but all it take is one love tap on the mighty Brock's glass jaw and game over, should be interesting.

In what regard? Mark hunt was a K 1 Grand Prix Champ. The thing about Hunt is that if he connects, its night night time. No one in all of mma and quite possibly combat sports hits has hard as him. Its a very interesting match up... Hunt does not have the wrestling that Brock has but Brock does not have the striking ability Hunt has...

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 01:50 PM
In what regard? Mark hunt was a K 1 Grand Prix Champ. The thing about Hunt is that if he connects, its night night time. No one in all of mma and quite possibly combat sports hits has hard as him. Its a very interesting match up... Hunt does not have the wrestling that Brock has but Brock does not have the striking ability Hunt has...

I agree. In a multiple fight situation I believe Hunt would win the majority of the fights . But you can never tell what will happen.

Mack

Kurt505
07-08-2016, 01:56 PM
If it goes to the ground, Hunt is in trouble.... Just ask Frank Mir. Besides his overall athleticism, Brock's strength is definitely the ground and pound.

Ranch11
07-08-2016, 01:57 PM
let em fight, let em all fight, drugged up or not. Make for some interesting entertainment

wildbill
07-08-2016, 02:30 PM

Ya, but Brock was the ufc champ, way better fighters in the ufc, how many pride guys ended up being champs in the ufc? Not many including the guys who were in the ufc first, dos santos, rumble Johnson and Hendo all hit as hard as him.

wildbill
07-08-2016, 02:40 PM
If it goes to the ground, Hunt is in trouble.... Just ask Frank Mir. Besides his overall athleticism, Brock's strength is definitely the ground and pound.

Brocks only option is ground and pound if he stands in front of hunt lights out, if he gets hunt on the ground girl punch hunt into submission like he did in his previous wins, they might be girl punches but after twenty of them from that monster it would hurt.......

histyle
07-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Brocks only option is ground and pound if he stands in front of hunt lights out, if he gets hunt on the ground girl punch hunt into submission like he did in his previous wins, they might be girl punches but after twenty of them from that monster it would hurt.......

Ground & pound is Brock's only option, and you can guarantee Hunt is ready for the initial bum rush for his hips. I don't consider getting hit by the 20lb canned hams that Brock calls fists 'girly punches' though!!
I think Hunt will knock him out, but it's a fight and anything can happen.

CaberTosser
07-08-2016, 05:39 PM

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Ya, but Brock was the ufc champ, way better fighters in the ufc, how many pride guys ended up being champs in the ufc? Not many including the guys who were in the ufc first, dos santos, rumble Johnson and Hendo all hit as hard as him.

I don't think brock being a ufc champ. means a thing he only had 2 fights in the ufc when he got a shot at the tittle with a 1-1 record and his win was against a fighter that had only had 4 fights in the ufc with a 2-2 record and was on his way out the door it was his last fight. Brock should never have gotten a tittle fight to begin with it was all for money for the ufc just like the MacGregor BS.

Mack

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 06:13 PM

His wins were split between submissions and tkos.

Mack

wildbill
07-08-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't think brock being a ufc champ. means a thing he only had 2 fights in the ufc when he got a shot at the tittle with a 1-1 record and his win was against a fighter that had only had 4 fights in the ufc with a 2-2 record and was on his way out the door it was his last fight. Brock should never have gotten a tittle fight to begin with it was all for money for the ufc just like the MacGregor BS.

Mack

Ah yes, but when he did get a title fight he won, and you are right Dana aint no dummy, he know's to hype it up, and with all those wwe fans drooling over Brock he probably got a way bigger fan base because of the move. The ufc is a different beast when compared to other sports has alot of the same elements as the wwe, ie trash talking opponents, but pretending it's real. I must say it is entertaining though.

wildbill
07-08-2016, 06:29 PM
His wins were split between submissions and tkos.

Mack

Yes, you are right

wildbill
07-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Ground & pound is Brock's only option, and you can guarantee Hunt is ready for the initial bum rush for his hips. I don't consider getting hit by the 20lb canned hams that Brock calls fists 'girly punches' though!!
I think Hunt will knock him out, but it's a fight and anything can happen.

Sorry hammer fists aint real punches that is why they aint called hammer punches regardless of how huge your hands are, I think if Brock flicked someone with a finger it would hurt, if he could throw an uppercut or an over hand right with speed and power........he could kill them!

wildbill
07-08-2016, 06:39 PM
One last thing, Brock is Canadian and representing Canada at UFC 200! So support your fellow countrymen...hahahahahahahahaha.

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 06:49 PM

As far as pride fighters that ended up as UFC champs just off the top of my head .
1 Anderson Silva
2 Chuck Liddell
3 Vitor Belfort
4 Rampage Jackson
I'm sure I can think of more if I really thought about it.

Mack

Chewie66
07-08-2016, 07:04 PM
I think Brock pretty much nailed it when he said: "I'm going to try to get the fight to the ground and Mark's going to try to keep it on the feet. It's not rocket science." I'm not sure which way it's going to go but I do know that I'll be watching it! I'm actually really looking forward to the women's strawweight title fight tonight as well. Those two chicks can't stand each other.:argue2:

wildbill
07-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Vitor is UFC before Pride, all the best fighter are in the UFC except the ones ****ed off Dana.......but you are correct silvia and liddel were great champs, but unfortunately rampage faded fast, loved his fight with the axe murderer that was awesome, the good pride fighters come to the UFC, that is all im sayin, oh the ice man was ufc way before pride, ufc 17 may 15 1998 to be exact but I hear what yer sayin...GO CANADA GO!!!!! I think when anderson was in his glory he was the most dominant fighter in the sport, I hear he hasn't trained for some time, hes gonna get fed to the wolves on this one!

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Vitor is UFC before Pride, all the best fighter are in the UFC except the ones ****ed off Dana.......but you are correct silvia and liddel were great champs, but unfortunately rampage faded fast, loved his fight with the axe murderer that was awesome, the good pride fighters come to the UFC, that is all im sayin, oh the ice man was ufc way before pride, ufc 17 may 15 1998 to be exact but I hear what yer sayin...GO CANADA GO!!!!! I think when anderson was in his glory he was the most dominant fighter in the sport, I hear he hasn't trained for some time, hes gonna get fed to the wolves on this one!

You should read your post you said even the ones in ufc before pride ???????

Mack

wildbill
07-08-2016, 08:16 PM
You should read your post you said even the ones in ufc before pride ???????

Mack
They were in the ufc before they were in pride (vitor and liddel) so they were ufc before they came to pride

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 08:40 PM
They were in the ufc before they were in pride (vitor and liddel) so they were ufc before they came to pride

And in your post you said not many pride fighters became ufc champions .EVEN THE GUYS THAT WERE IN UFC FIRST

MACK

wildbill
07-08-2016, 09:07 PM
Maybe it was a typo, to lazy to look back all Im gittin at is the best fighters are in the ufc

Mackinaw
07-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Maybe it was a typo, to lazy to look back all Im gittin at is the best fighters are in the ufc

Because of Dana that won't be for long. I'm watch Bellator more and more now better match ups.and getting sick of the BS with MacGregor this and MacGregor that don't care if I ever see him fight again or Rousey as far as that goes.

Mack

wildbill
07-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Because of Dana that won't be for long. I'm watch Bellator more and more now better match ups.and getting sick of the BS with MacGregor this and MacGregor that don't care if I ever see him fight again or Rousey as far as that goes.

Mack

Agreed, the way the promote fights in certain events is a little ridiculous, but, it is funny, and as much as I hate mgregor, he tuned aldo good! And boy did I love watching rousey get her ass handed to her. Don't worry all these big mouths get their up and comings, now someone has to silence that bisbing, damn I didn't see that coming! I think Diaz will tune mcgregor again as well.

Mackinaw
07-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Agreed, the way the promote fights in certain events is a little ridiculous, but, it is funny, and as much as I hate mgregor, he tuned aldo good! And boy did I love watching rousey get her ass handed to her. Don't worry all these big mouths get their up and comings, now someone has to silence that bisbing, damn I didn't see that coming! I think Diaz will tune mcgregor again as well.

I don't believe MacGregor tuned Aldo at all it was one lucky punch and then unlike many other fighters Aldo was not given a rematch which is a sad deal for a 10 year champ...again more of Dana's BS....but I will agree I did not see the out come of Bisping's fight coming but I'm sure his rein will come to a fast conclusion .

Mack

wildbill
07-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Yes Aldo should have been first in line for a rematch, but he got knocked out, that my friend is a tunin weather it was a fluke or not just like when Matt Sara got kod with a back hand just like when gsp got kod by Sara, you get kod that's a tunin. It is the most spectacular dramatic way to lose a fight.

Mackinaw
07-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Yes Aldo should have been first in line for a rematch, but he got knocked out, that my friend is a tunin weather it was a fluke or not just like when Matt Sara got kod with a back hand just like when gsp got kod by Sara, you get kod that's a tunin. It is the most spectacular dramatic way to lose a fight.

On the rematch we can agree on the tuning we will have to agree to disagree.

Which on this site ain't that bad...

Enjoy the fights tonight

Mack