PDA

View Full Version : Monster Burbot Thread

burbotman
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
There are many stories floating around of monsters caught in years past but not recorded, I have heard many of fish that, if true, would easily surpass current records. Part of the issue is the lack of official record keeping until recently. Please share pics or stories of monster burbs that you have come in contact with.
I'll start with some pics from 95 of a 17lb burb.

jts1
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Great fish I think that Burb ate my Burb :) thanx for posting

burbotman
03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
On the issue of records. Here is a link to the largest burbot.(Not the one by the fishinggeeks)

www.flinflon.net/flinflon/fffes/world_record.html

DuckBrat
03-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Won't be any left like that the way the burbot are being hammered nowadays. Can't wait for new reg's to protect this fish from the abuse it's been taking.

Teamprotz
03-12-2009, 04:32 AM
I keep seeing the geeks claiming the record , and I know of the Athapap burbot , I spend alot of time there. What is their claim for their "record" burbot ?

burbotman
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I keep seeing the geeks claiming the record , and I know of the Athapap burbot , I spend alot of time there. What is their claim for their "record" burbot ?

The Fishing Geeks burbot is listed at 19lbs. The Vaughn fish does not appear to have been registered with the IFGA, thus leaving the window open.

Here is the link to the fishing geeks home page, search You Tube and they have the catch on video.

www.fishinggeeks.net/