PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing near red deer

Eak6699
07-13-2016, 06:57 AM
Hey just moved to area. Just wondering where there's some good spots to shore fish with the kids

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

dbllung
07-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Red deer river is great for goldeye and mooneye
3 mile bend in the evening with a small spinner is all it should take to get the family into some fish

Good luck

wags
07-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Red deer river is great for goldeye and mooneye
3 mile bend in the evening with a small spinner is all it should take to get the family into some fish

Good luck

...and pike, walleye, sauger, sucker, browns.

3-mile bend, McKenzie Trails, Bower Ponds - these all have ponds that are separated from the river (other than during flooding), virtually anywhere along the river, and at Heritage Ranch is a pond stocked with rainbow.

Good Luck!

Poppa
07-25-2016, 02:16 PM
So I went down to Three Mile Bend on Saturday to scout the area out. Trekked along the shore of the river. That is some wicked fast current flowing through there right now. I was trying to find slack spots where the fish might be holding to get outta the current, but there's not really any down there. So will fish still bite down there in that crazy current? Just curious 'cause I really don't know...

dbllung
07-25-2016, 04:57 PM
From what I understand the river is blown out right now. The current isn't usually too bad there. Let the river become "less angry" and current should not be a problem !

Poppa
07-26-2016, 03:43 PM
From what I understand the river is blown out right now. The current isn't usually too bad there. Let the river become "less angry" and current should not be a problem !That's cool...thanks!