PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer Fishing Gear

Little Valy
07-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Where is the best place in Red Deer to get fishing gear(spin cast,lures,bait)

millsboy79
07-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Canadian tire and Walmart are always the best places to start.

Little Valy
07-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Is there any Fishin Hole,Wholesale Sports type stores in Red Deer?

millsboy79
07-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Checked Google and wolverine guns and tackle comes up.

Deep
07-16-2016, 01:36 PM
I would just make the drive Cal. or Edm. best selection and prices ok too.

fluxcore
07-16-2016, 02:02 PM
I would just make the drive Cal. or Edm. best selection and prices ok too.

Not worth the gas for tackle, I do the drive for rods, reels and boat gear. Wallmart, wolverine & sportsman den are all fine

Little Valy
07-16-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm from Calgary,just up at Sylvan Lake for a few days and wanted to stock up on soft baits and the like
Taking the boat out Monday to Sylvan and want to make sure I have enough stuff for pike and walleye
How is Sylvan fishing now?

fluxcore
07-16-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm from Calgary,just up at Sylvan Lake for a few days and wanted to stock up on soft baits and the like
Taking the boat out Monday to Sylvan and want to make sure I have enough stuff for pike and walleye
How is Sylvan fishing now?

It's pretty much always great in there for walleye (only the winter is slow for me) pike are hit and miss but lots of hammer handles around with a the chance at an elusive monster. Where abouts are u launching? Ill be on the lake Monday as well.

Little Valy
07-16-2016, 05:27 PM
It's pretty much always great in there for walleye (only the winter is slow for me) pike are hit and miss but lots of hammer handles around with a the chance at an elusive monster. Where abouts are u launching? Ill be on the lake Monday as well.

Sunbreaker Cove,14' Legend

jkind
07-16-2016, 08:25 PM
There is a Walmart and Castaway Sports in Sylvan.

Poppa
07-18-2016, 09:20 AM
In Red Deer, Canadian Tire is basically the only place to go if you need fishing gear....

dutchman
07-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Strange nobody has mentioned The Sportsmen's Den. North end of town on Gaetz Ave. I've always had good luck there, the owner has been very helpful, and their prices are no different than the big stores. Last time I was there, I was looking for a new rod. Let them know what it was for and they picked a nice rod, reel to match, spun it full of line, and gave me a great price. Can't get that service at C-tire and Walmart.

Poppa
07-18-2016, 03:02 PM
I'll have to check them out. I was always under the impression that was a hunting shop, with little to no fishing stuff...

fluxcore
07-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Strange nobody has mentioned The Sportsmen's Den. North end of town on Gaetz Ave. I've always had good luck there, the owner has been very helpful, and their prices are no different than the big stores. Last time I was there, I was looking for a new rod. Let them know what it was for and they picked a nice rod, reel to match, spun it full of line, and gave me a great price. Can't get that service at C-tire and Walmart.

I mentioned it ?

dutchman
07-18-2016, 06:45 PM
I mentioned it ?

Oops, and so you did....:)

nevercatchmuch
07-18-2016, 10:00 PM
Go to Castaway sports in Sylvan, or the GTI gas station, or walmart.

If you go to Red Deer, hit Wolverine which is just off Gasoline Alley. Sportsmens Den is great....but I find it a bit overwhelming in there.