PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton area fish taxidermist

lake side
07-17-2016, 10:59 PM
So the family got into some +13" perch this weekend and I would like to get a couple of mounts done. Does anyone have any suggestions for the Edmonton area. Thanks in advance.

L.S

Willowtrail
07-18-2016, 12:25 AM
Alex @ Advantage Taxidermy

He's a sponsor on this site and has a facebook page. It will take awhile but worth the wait

Esox
07-18-2016, 07:42 PM
I'd highly suggest not using Alex. He does good work but he has major personal issues and is a loose cannon to say the least. I'd recomend art of taxidermy in Lethbridge or advanced out of Toronto.

wellpastcold
07-20-2016, 01:10 PM
I would mount it on a plate beside some French fries. Get Advanced to make you some replicas from dimensions you provide them. Will last forever and they really do a nice job on them. Their painting is excellent.

bushnell
07-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Alex can do good work, but I would never use him.

Walleye101
07-20-2016, 08:43 PM
I lost my personal best Jumbo Perch to Alex years ago. I caught 3 nice one's. So I decided to get them mounted. I gave them to him and never got them back. He kept saying he was waiting for some nice driftwood. After harassing him for 2 years I gave up. This guy seems like a criminal. I'd highly discourage anybody from using this thief...

Northwinds
07-20-2016, 08:54 PM
Friend of mine just went through a terrible experience with Alex,bizarre to be exact.The details I will not go into but NEVER take anything to that man!

diamond k
07-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Alcohol is a terrible demon.

waterninja
07-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Clarence Kriaski at Wildlife Originals. Does great fish mounts..780-474-2932

nube
07-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Alex can do good work, but I would never use him.

DO NOT USE ALEX!!!!
Yes he does good work but after my experiences I will make darn sure that nobody ever uses him again if I can help it. Way too many stories and will leave it at that.

bushnell
07-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Screwed me over for several thousand dollars. Thought he was a freind

HappyHunter
07-21-2016, 09:51 PM
I would recommend Diane at Buffalo. Give her a call and see if you can swing by. The perch my family have had done by her all look amazing. She also does a great job on pike.

snowman160
07-21-2016, 11:19 PM
He still has 6 of my ducks.one a beauty BANDED pinny Drake shot in November.."I'll get em done"they'll be ready in a week"...heard it all.10 times over.

diamond k
07-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Clarence Kriaski at Wildlife Originals. Does great fish mounts..780-474-2932

Unfortunately Clarence has had health issues and is not the same taxidermist he once was. Sadly I would not take anything there again.

lake side
07-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Thank you for all the feed back. Unfortunately I have had mixed experiences with taxidermists and lost a whitetail and a bear with a guy up north (pickerel Point).

Not a lot of positive feed back here. I have tried to call a bunch of guys, left messages but NO ONE has returned my calls. I have a bad feeling when they wont take your calls to accept work never mind getting it back...LOL.

Happyhunter, I will try to call Dianne and see what happens. Thanks everyone.

L.S.

SamSteele
07-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Wondering why you wouldn't just get a replica made up? All they need are the measurements and a few pictures of the fish to make it look the same. If you can go that route I think you have a lot more options, especially with the internet...

SS

Home in the outdoors
07-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Alex did my 12 lb walleye it took a bit longer than he originally said but he did break his hand, and I have to say the mount is unbelievable! Very happy he is world class and he has been burnt by guys many times as he doesnt take a deposit and when I was there I seen all the Un paid for mounts. There are at least 3 perch, walleye and some birds as well as others. There are a pile of good guys but for fish he's the only one I'll take mine too.

bushnell
07-23-2016, 10:27 PM
Alex is not someone I would deal with. I don't care if he is a sponsor for the forum. He can do good work, but has screwed over more people than anyone can imagine. How does any one let several freezers of customers product go to waste

albertabighorn
07-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Advanced is who i would get it done at.

bushnell
07-24-2016, 09:04 PM
I've seen 3 20 cubic freezers go to waste. Don't care how good you can be. I care about the ones that lost their trophies

diamond k
07-24-2016, 09:11 PM
I've seen 3 20 cubic freezers go to waste. Don't care how good you can be. I care about the ones that lost their trophies

Why would he not be charged under the wildlife act?

pointer
07-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Alex did my 12 lb walleye it took a bit longer than he originally said but he did break his hand, and I have to say the mount is unbelievable! Very happy he is world class and he has been burnt by guys many times as he doesnt take a deposit and when I was there I seen all the Un paid for mounts. There are at least 3 perch, walleye and some birds as well as others. There are a pile of good guys but for fish he's the only one I'll take mine too.

Keep taking your stuff there and your day will come like the rest of us. who knows what your getting back he's got guys getting birds and lots of other stuff for him to cover up the stuff he has wrecked. Some guys have been 3-6+ years to get a bird mounted that's a bit much I know lots of people who broke their hands it didn't slow them down for years lol

pinelakeperch
07-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Replicas ensure that the fish is not wasted. My 31.5in walleye and 20in smallie live on, despite being on my wall!

dfrobert
07-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Stay far away from Advantage taxidermy. Ask me how I know. The man has burnt a lot of people. Buyer beware.

dfrobert
07-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Wow. Multiple PM messages since my last post from other hunters and fisherman who were lied to, stolen from, etc from Alex with Advantage Taxidermy. Hopefully you guys pursue action and get your animals or money back. The man shouldn't be allowed to work on another persons trophy for the rest of his life. Criminal loser.

Headwatersfish
08-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Here is a picture of a perch I painted a few years back.

Cheers.
Chuck.

http://i.imgur.com/o7auSPS.jpg