PDA

View Full Version : Drain Plug Replacement

Sooner
07-18-2016, 10:33 PM
So in another thread about the boat checks for Zebra Mussels, it was brought up that you have to have a working drain plug :)

My dad made a non removable one with a bolt, nut and sealed up washer long ago on the old Sears 12 ft Aluminum. No big deal in the past, always had a bail pail and it is carried upside down on a rack. But I don't need to give someone a free excuse to give me a ticket with the checks happening.

I will pull off whats on there and search out a new plug but it's a very old boat. I will measure the hole but i suspect i will have to buy a few and hope one fits/works.

Best place to go for size selection in Edmonton? CT, boat shops, Cabela type stores?

Thanks

genno
07-19-2016, 07:29 AM
I've seen ones that fit my old harber craft tin boat just at Canadian tire I'm guessing it's just the same as yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackinaw
07-19-2016, 08:16 AM
So in another thread about the boat checks for Zebra Mussels, it was brought up that you have to have a working drain plug :)

My dad made a non removable one with a bolt, nut and sealed up washer long ago on the old Sears 12 ft Aluminum. No big deal in the past, always had a bail pail and it is carried upside down on a rack. But I don't need to give someone a free excuse to give me a ticket with the checks happening.

I will pull off whats on there and search out a new plug but it's a very old boat. I will measure the hole but i suspect i will have to buy a few and hope one fits/works.

Best place to go for size selection in Edmonton? CT, boat shops, Cabela type stores?

Thanks

Canadian tire use to sell rubber universal oil drain plugs should work the same.

Mack

PerchBuster
07-19-2016, 09:37 AM
I did a post in this a while ago if you want to look back on my old posts. A place called Shaw Plugs (www.shawplugs.com). They have all non standard sizes available and I was able to get a 3/4" drain plug for an old Princecraft. I actually went on Amazon inquired on Shaw plugs and bought it thru Amazon. Good luck!

Sooner
07-19-2016, 03:14 PM
Thanks, i will swing by CT tonight and see what they got.

dodger
07-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Bass Pro has them.

Dodger