PDA

View Full Version : Anybody crazy enough to go fish the NSR now

newscientist
07-19-2016, 12:46 AM
It is full moon out there and the fish are having their feast of the month tonight. Anyone have the guts to go out tonight for couple hours on the river? I am thinking to go fish the spot at hermitage park, but have not been there before that late. Some company will be great. Let me know

idaman
07-19-2016, 05:40 AM
& why would it be crazy...I have been fishing it lots lately.
Since the conditions aren't the crazy part, I'm confused....
Are you the crazy in the equation, is it safe for others to be out there with you tonight, Alone with the full moon????

Troy Cee
07-19-2016, 07:33 AM
lots of run off from the rain lately, brown water, fast current and the water levels are quite high. Don't be surprised if your spot is submerged.
I went out on Sunday, first time in a long time I didn't catch anything. Only thing I didn't try was bait.

cranky
07-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Was at the NSR yesterday very early in the morning. Water is real murky and high. You can barely see your lure till its right at the shore line. Its full of very thick weeds also more than most years. Very difficult to fish jigs,spoons and such as you mostly pull weeds in every time where i was at.

Caught one small but fat scrappy lil Walter in a couple of hours and really felt i got lucky on that one as for some reason when i was switching jigs i forgot to put the curly tail on and just cast the jig head without noticing.
(how can you tell im getting old sheesh!) Thats what i caught him on anyway. It must of just gone by his nose and he hit at it with out really looking at it.

newscientist
07-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Ended up in Coal Lake catching pike on moon light. My first experience fishing that late/early and ya it felt crazy to be there alone but catching fish in the night silence is sure an intense excitement.

Renegade J
07-19-2016, 09:54 PM
I haven't been very impressed with the N Sask lately. There seemed to be too many weeds to deal with along the river edges for the shore fisherman. I'd say anyone fishing the NSR lately is crazy.

Sooner
07-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Just did a bike ride along the river with my son. It was high and dirty with lots of junk. Kayak time lol

YeeHaw
07-20-2016, 03:31 PM
High & dirty, count me in for sturgeon gishing on my days off:sHa_shakeshout:

rmatei
07-20-2016, 03:31 PM
River is up at least a foot in the last week. Fished it 2 weeks ago and it was a 7 out of ten for walleye. I would wait now until it comes down a bit and clears up