PDA

View Full Version : Night fishing burbot on Cold Lake ?

Teamprotz
03-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Can anyone give some advice on night fishing burbot on Cold Lake ? Looking mostly for where to go , I'm bored and need some excitement !!

Teamprotz
03-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Come on , no one has any info on burbot at Cold Lake ?

SuCraM
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Give it some time for people to read your post man. I am sure someone will have some info for you. This is an awesome site so please be patient and good things will come.

Teamprotz
03-15-2009, 09:38 AM
The way things look now , could be tough to find the D8 needed to get out there. Snowed a bunch last night again.

tyee33
03-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Snowed again last night a good 2-3 inches.On Friday the only trail out from the provincial park was to the burbot hump.I personally dont fish for them, have caught them by accident more on Wolf or Marie lakes.Usually just drop the biggest minnow I have right on the bottom, jig every now and then.Im told they hit early morning or late afternoon just as the sun is setting.Like I said, something I never fish for.Use to catch them as a kid in Northern ON with a mop and a flashlight but no where near 50ft of water like the humps depth on Cold Lake.They would be attracted by the light and suck on the mop strings, could pull up 3 at a time but usually 10-12 inches was the biggest.

laker
03-15-2009, 01:18 PM
tons of snow and now major flood water out there,will probably have to wait for the snow to pretty much be gone,which could put it near the end of the season.Too bad the fishin's good for them now!!

Teamprotz
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Next days off are starting the 25th , I'm up in Primrose right now , does it ever stop snowing. I've lived in Lloyd for 15 years and never fished Cold Lake. I do alot of trout at Athapapuskow and plan to try Cold Lake this summer. Thought burbot might be fun , haven't caught too many lately , but in the years I ice fished Tobin alot and had quite a few 13-14 pounds.