PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with christina lake in conklin??

tbosch
03-13-2009, 08:13 AM
I was working up in conklin the other day and slipped out to christina lake to do an hour of fishing...The ice was in terrible condition and I hit slush about 4 inches in to the ice. This is the second time this has happened and on opposite sides of the lake also. Is this caused by springs or what? It's strange to me becaue i'd expect there to be 2 feet plus of good ice like winefred and oter lakes in the area have.

honda450
03-13-2009, 12:52 PM
What camp were ya staying at? I was at the Bar None camp this week. So many camps up in there.:wave: Not my choice on Bar None.

Douglas N
03-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Same thing happened last year. Tons of snow early, and not much ice. The ice is sinking under the weight of the snow. Most of the lakes in that area are like that.

Last year on Winifred, we had to move our shacks every few hours to stay ahead of the flooding.

tbosch
03-26-2009, 05:06 AM
What camp were ya staying at? I was at the Bar None camp this week. So many camps up in there.:wave: Not my choice on Bar None.

Haha. I was staying at barr none too Honda. We are doing some work at encana christina Lake. Where are you working at?

honda450
03-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Enbridge, Kirby Lake facilities.

tbosch
03-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Enbridge, Kirby Lake facilities.

Are you still up there? I'll be there next week i'm guessing. Our boys are just getting back at er in there. Are you on the "replacements" team? haha

honda450
03-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Are you still up there? I'll be there next week i'm guessing. Our boys are just getting back at er in there. Are you on the "replacements" team? haha

Nope not there now. All done at least for now.:wave: