PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer river in Drumheller

sauro88
07-26-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm thinking taking my friends from England to Drumheller this weekend. Anybody know the water condition there ? Thanks in advance.

JareS
07-26-2016, 01:04 PM
Was wondering the same thing myself. I went through on July 17th, certain fishing spots were submerged and there was zero visibility.

Jigger
07-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Hello, river was high and muddy last week as they let a bit of water outta the dam. Checked today and it's almost at normal level maybe a tad high still, its off colored but starting to clean up, hopefully she clears up a bit more by the weekend for ya. Hope this helps.

JareS
07-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Hello, river was high and muddy last week as they let a bit of water outta the dam. Checked today and it's almost at normal level maybe a tad high still, its off colored but starting to clean up, hopefully she clears up a bit more by the weekend for ya. Hope this helps.

A little higher than it was before is definately good. Opening day you could basically walk across.

Dragless
07-26-2016, 05:40 PM
http://www.environment.alberta.ca/apps/basins/DisplayData.aspx?Type=Figure&BasinID=7&DataType=1&StationID=RREDDRUM

Jigger
07-26-2016, 06:02 PM
A little higher than it was before is definately good. Opening day you could basically walk across.

I like it lower for fishing personally seems like the fish stack up in the only deep pools that are left, not as many places for them to hide.

hookset
07-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Levels up like mentioned above. My opinion too dirty to fish with spoons/lures; seems to be raining every day that silts up the water. I would think bait would increase your odds but I usually just cast lures