PDA

View Full Version : Weaslehead flats

burgz
07-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Good morning everybody,

Planning to check out weaslehead flats this weekend and have a few questions. I've never been there but a buddy of mine told me to try near the pedestrian bridge near the mouth of the reservoir. I'm going to be targeting trout and thinking of casting a fly out with a float on my spin road as I don't have a fly rod but have had success at other places using a fly this way.

My main question is, looking at the map it appears that 37th street is the border of the Indian reserve so is weaslehead flats on reserve land? If so I'm guessing I can't fish there as I'm not a status Indian and don't have permission to fish on the reserve.

My other question is if this is not Tsu Tina land and fishing is allowed (the regs state the elbow downstream from highway 22 to the glen ore reservoir is open, has anyone fished this area and had success targeting trout? I've geared there are some monster Browns around there.

Thanks

millsboy79
07-29-2016, 06:24 AM
If you look at the area on Google maps without the satellite view I would think the "nature area" is public land. Which means the foot path bridge you are talking about should be fair game.

When you arrive it should be posted if there is no trespassing.

This is just my opinion not fact.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/951f792d12cecd69bd1a29db16d5ce7a.jpg

Gillfisher
07-29-2016, 09:47 AM
There can be some decent fishing from the bridge up to the Native land use small rapala spinners etc orange yellow green most will work. I have caught and released a lot of nice trout and some pike in that area