PDA

View Full Version : Prussian Carp?

dodger
07-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Fished a Southern reservoir today and I noticed when I was cruising along in the boat that there were a couple of fish jumping in the wake.

I have never seen this before. Do these Carp do this?

Dodger.

Landlocked_Newfie
07-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Dolphins do. ;)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

EZM
07-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Dolphins do. ;)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Better call SRD.

That's a common trait of the Asian Carp.

dodger
07-30-2016, 03:31 AM
Better call SRD.

That's a common trait of the Asian Carp.

ill call today.

Dodger

Bemoredog
07-30-2016, 06:46 AM
For the greater good you also might want to share what reservoir this is; members have been known to target the species since they threaten our sport fish. A few members really seem to know what they're doing too, taking in massive hauls of carp. This is a good thing. Truly. I know us fishermen can be protective of our favorite spots and honey holes, but in this instance sharing really is caring.

There might be some hesitation to share the reservoir's name for fear of it being fished out (or something?!?), but if the reservoir is on a map, in the guide or on iFish, people already know about it. Fishing almost certainly won't eliminate the carp but could significantly help manage the population.

Habfan
08-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Maybe it's time for some ice fishing carp derbies ??? Prizes to most carp caught and killed, secondary prizes to biggest. According to many people, ice fishing derbies can destroy a population of fish in no time ! Myself not included ! :sHa_shakeshout:

stinkynuts
08-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's time for some ice fishing carp derbies ??? Prizes to most carp caught and killed, secondary prizes to biggest. According to many people, ice fishing derbies can destroy a population of fish in no time ! Myself not included ! :sHa_shakeshout:

I think it would be a cool derby and if you can get around the bones witch according to some vids I watched on you tube is not that hard they are a good eating fish

madatter
08-02-2016, 02:18 PM
When I was checked on Rolling Hills Reservoir the friendly FnW officer said they were in Newell and RHR.....first I had heard of it.
Never saw any in 4 days of fishing tho.
I'll kill every one I get