PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird compatibility

archerynewb
07-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Recently I bought a boat. It had at one point been fitted with a hummingbird fish finder. The wiring and screen cradle are all hard mounted, so I'm wondering if the 2 plugs I have are universal to all the different models they have? Or do I need to try and find a specific model for this wiring? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160731/03ab5859d9993b502a85603361c588f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

badger
07-31-2016, 04:37 PM
Humminbird transducer plugs are consistent across same feature head units, the only question is whether the transducer will work with your new head unit. Not all head units will fit on that mount, I know at least 4 different head mounts and yours is an older style. The power plugs are all the same so you will be OK there.

The 5 pin transducer plug is the same as my side scan/dual scan transducer so you can probably use any of the higher end units. Dual scan and down imaging transducers have 3 pins but not all transducers are capable of the range of frequencies. Best to try to read a model number on the transducer and go to the Humminbird website to find current model head units that are compatible. The plug will go into the head unit, the issue will be the features and frequency ranges that the head unit needs.