PDA

View Full Version : Bocquene Lake?

genoel
07-31-2016, 09:45 PM
Due to Mikisew Sportfishing not being operational this year, my wife Liz and I will sadly not be able to make our annual visit to Ryan Lake. As a result we are planning to try Andrew Lake Lodge as an outfitter and visit Bocquene Lake or South Leland Lake. Does anyone have any experiences or information they could share with us about one or both of these lakes and camps? We would love to hear about the fishing as well as your thoughts on the facilities there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. GN :)

FishHunterPro
07-31-2016, 10:50 PM
Due to Mikisew Sportfishing not being operational this year, my wife Liz and I will sadly not be able to make our annual visit to Ryan Lake. As a result we are planning to try Andrew Lake Lodge as an outfitter and visit Bocquene Lake or South Leland Lake. Does anyone have any experiences or information they could share with us about one or both of these lakes and camps? We would love to hear about the fishing as well as your thoughts on the facilities there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. GN :)

South Leland was a good trip, I've been there twice but I believe you seen my post about the trip a few years ago. I have no experience with Bocquene but when I asked Dan what is one of his more scenic lakes he said that's the spot. It sounded a lot like Ryan . It's advertised as a walleye lake, south Leland has everything but I had do work to keep on the walleye. The owner Dan Wettlaufer really is a professional and a great host . I don't think you will be disappointed trying Bocquene one bit.

Dead Moose
08-02-2016, 09:31 AM
We were at Bocquene in June this year. It is very similar to Ryan Lake. The fishing is excellent and Dan is a top notch operator. 3 cabins powered by generator great boats and motors. Cabins are a bit smaller than Mikisew's. Large pike and good walleye to 6 pounds.
I would recommend this lake.