PDA

View Full Version : Fed-up

Hammer Handle
03-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Does any one have any web addresses for other sites I'm tired of watching guys get dumped on at this one for something as stupid as weighing a fish c&r or not.I don't even want to post on here you don't know what's going to set of an arguement I don't know why you other fellas come to this site but I assure I'm not here to argue.By the way Moose nice pics just to bad you had to take the verbal assualt.

hockeyfish
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
go to ice shanty, hpf isn't as vocal there

Jester
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Does any one have any web addresses for other sites I'm tired of watching guys get dumped on at this one for something as stupid as weighing a fish c&r or not.I don't even want to post on here you don't know what's going to set of an arguement I don't know why you other fellas come to this site but I assure I'm not here to argue.By the way Moose nice pics just to bad you had to take the verbal assualt.

Yes it's sad isn't it?

I guess some people just lack a funny bone..

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/kokaneekid/FunnyBoneLogoAnimated.gif

KyleM
03-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Well if we all want to complain then let me be the first.

Im "fed up" with people claiming to be true anglers/sportsman who show no respect/care for the sport and the fish. If people are going to practice c&r then atleast have the thought to go through 100% with it. What the hell good is a fish going down the hole thats only going to swim for another day?
By all means keep fish, its your right to do so and I have zero problem with it.

Yeah I know, its only a little 3lbs pike, whocares right?

I care, and Ill tell you what, if I see someone doing something that chaps my arse then I will speak up. Its also my right to give my opinion and if someone has learned something and agrees then I have atleast done my duty as a responsible angler.

Im not here to insult people because thats not my style.
I would rather inform someone and if they have taken it the wrong way then to bad.

Deano
03-15-2009, 12:27 AM
There are definitely better boards out there. Do some research and you should be fun. This board is good for entertainment. One of the best soap operas out there.

Deano

packhuntr
03-15-2009, 06:23 AM
You bet your azz theres better boards out there (on this level)! Try going over to Esox Angler's The Next Bite web site. There is no talk of destroying the resource, ONLY of enjoying it and preserving it!!! Please stop with the moaning for cripes sakes, and get with the times already. If you want to live in 1970, go ahead, but dont pizz and moan when the rest of the world wants to take fisheries to the next level,,,,, the next generation. Take the time to educate yourselves, you will be doing our children a favor.

jts1
03-15-2009, 06:28 AM
You are going to get the good with the bad no matter where you go. My experience on this site has been a positive one. Yes there are a few who post there opinion and I dont agree with there views , but thats the great part about all of this. We can state anything we want on here and its everyone els's choice to view or not. It is 0600 I am get'n my wife up and driving down to Chain to get together with a bunch of guys I have never seen before , all because we share a love of the sport. I have posted from a cell phone sitting on a lake that I have never been before. And the guys on here have called emailed and pm'd information to get me on the fish. I aint going to get the quality of information or caliber of guys that I have on here with any other site. I am sorry some feel that they need to find someplace els , cause with a lil time you will find the best of the best on here. My hats off to you alll.......

goober
03-15-2009, 06:35 AM
You are going to get the good with the bad no matter where you go. My experience on this site has been a positive one. Yes there are a few who post there opinion and I dont agree with there views , but thats the great part about all of this. We can state anything we want on here and its everyone els's choice to view or not. It is 0600 I am get'n my wife up and driving down to Chain to get together with a bunch of guys I have never seen before , all because we share a love of the sport. I have posted from a cell phone sitting on a lake that I have never been before. And the guys on here have called emailed and pm'd information to get me on the fish. I aint going to get the quality of information or caliber of guys that I have on here with any other site. I am sorry some feel that they need to find someplace els , cause with a lil time you will find the best of the best on here. My hats off to you alll.......

Well said jts!! Good luck today, wish I was going!!!:D

sparky660
03-15-2009, 06:43 AM
You are going to get wannabe cops on any forum it just seems that this forum has a higher concentration when compared to most others I frequent.

packhuntr
03-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Do you guys really think its appropriate to talk like a bunch of little kids with regards to topics like these. There ARE YOUNG KIDS READING THIS STUFF, and more than anything, a little guidance in the RIGHT DIRECTION from the ones claiming to be conservationists would go A LONG WAYS. Give your bloody heads a shake. Far as i can see, this fishing forum is no place for childrens eyes, what with all the talk and foot stamping about how if ,,,,, "I cant kill it, whats the point of having it,,, its MINE, BWAAAAA:cry:" ..... Try to think about someone and something other than yourselves. Our fisheries are worth having.

Its like beating your bloody face against a brick wall,,,, aint it.

grice
03-15-2009, 07:51 AM
you are going to get the good with the bad no matter where you go. My experience on this site has been a positive one. Yes there are a few who post there opinion and i dont agree with there views , but thats the great part about all of this. We can state anything we want on here and its everyone els's choice to view or not. It is 0600 i am get'n my wife up and driving down to chain to get together with a bunch of guys i have never seen before , all because we share a love of the sport. I have posted from a cell phone sitting on a lake that i have never been before. And the guys on here have called emailed and pm'd information to get me on the fish. I aint going to get the quality of information or caliber of guys that i have on here with any other site. I am sorry some feel that they need to find someplace els , cause with a lil time you will find the best of the best on here. My hats off to you alll.......
cheers to that !!!

Nerdapres'
03-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Some people take the internet too seriously. People have opinions and the internet is where they are voiced. There's getting to me more of these complaint threads than there are arguement threads. Harden the f*** up folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkkbVeF50Y :)

Big Red 250
03-15-2009, 08:35 AM
YRF.ca is a canadian site, might have to be invited to join tho. Quite a few Albertan's on there.

seahawkfisher
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM
it all boils down to understanding the place that respect holds in any discussion.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
opinions are like a__holes; everybody's got one and they all stink.
the fact of the matter here is that people think that their "opinion" is the only one that matters and that everyone should share that opinion; and be bloody well thankful to those that provide it for us.

a forum like this can only be sucessful when people learn to respect others' "opinions". approaching discussion and rhetoric with the understanding that respect governs a person's ability to change another's opinion is essential. unfortunately, this concept may be far out of reach for many people who have yet to develop beyond a self-centred level (i know, Piaget is a bit boring, but accurate).
maybe if people just read their post before hitting the submit button, they could see a few words to edit that would make for "discussion" rather than "persecution" and actually provide others with a legitimate reason to change...

insert smilie of me stepping off my soap-box

exhondafan
03-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Screw you guys.......I'm goin fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda450
03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I feel this is a very good site. Lots of good guys with a wealth of info on here and I have learned lots. Think the membership has grown by 1400 since the beginning of the year. Must mean something. Having coffee in the morning and reading this forum goes hand in hand. :wave:

KyleM
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
honda, I totally agree with you.
There are many guys on here I would share a boat and beer with
and the knowledge on here is second to none.

The way I see it is this...

People on this board have strong opinions which just goes to show they are very passionate about what they do. Differences or not everyone still enjoys the outdoors wether it be hunting or fishing and thats what makes this place so good.

goober
03-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Some people take the internet too seriously. People have opinions and the internet is where they are voiced. There's getting to me more of these complaint threads than there are arguement threads. Harden the f*** up folks.

Nice, I have now forgot what this thread is about.:lol::lol::lol:
Do you by chance know who ran that fishing charter? I think I need to go deep sea fishing again!!:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

bullpike
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
honda, I totally agree with you.
There are many guys on here I would share a boat and beer with
and the knowledge on here is second to none.

OMG, Boating and beer don't mix.What kind of example are you setting for the youths on here. You should be ashamed!!!:evilgrin:

I agree there are a few on here that I personally find annoying and I know I have annoyed a few. Just try and stay away from one another for the betterment of the board. Like it or not there is tons of info on here and some good guys too.

MrDave
03-15-2009, 01:06 PM
It seems to me that there are way too many people on here that only are trying to pick fights. I too am getting to the point of not wanting to come on here.
People who come on here and are posting for illegal and immoral actions should be banned, just so the young readers know that this activity isn't acceptable here. What does it tell them when older users are arguing that they should be able to break the law, for various reasons.
I go on a few other boards, and hardly ever here this kind of crap. Yes I am an outdoors man, but I believe in passing on good morals to the younger generation. I don't find that this board pushes this far enough. There seems to be very little punishment these days for peoples actions. "It's only illegal if you get caught," mentality shown to me in the last while, has made me really wonder where the world is heading.

Morph1
03-15-2009, 01:35 PM

lol well spoken man,
I say take an advice like a man and stop whining when someone is trying to help the angler and future fishing to come, I see a lot of whiners " I don't like the board I don't like what he said she said although he and she was right, its my fish and I do what I want with it ect" bunch of pathetic individuals with no care for the future of our fisheries and taking a good advice as an insult, if you can't take the truth and be a responsible fisherman pack up your toys and outta here...

The real Fishermen and Fisherwomen that have been fishing Northern Alberta Waters for years do care about the quality of fishing and about the future of this sport for present and future generation to come, thank god that at least half of us on here are the responsible ones, otherwise you would have to travel accross the Alberta border to catch a fish already.

I hope my statement is not gonna insult the whiners and make some of them cry and jump off of a bridge, this is my responsible thought and obligation to myself my fellow fisherman my kids and future grandkids and of course the great alberta outdoors :wave:

Cheers !

The MOTTO for the day is man up and stop whining :lol:

bullpike
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
It seems to me that there are way too many people on here that only are trying to pick fights. I too am getting to the point of not wanting to come on here.
People who come on here and are posting for illegal and immoral actions should be banned, just so the young readers know that this activity isn't acceptable here. What does it tell them when older users are arguing that they should be able to break the law, for various reasons.
I go on a few other boards, and hardly ever here this kind of crap. Yes I am an outdoors man, but I believe in passing on good morals to the younger generation. I don't find that this board pushes this far enough. There seems to be very little punishment these days for peoples actions. "It's only illegal if you get caught," mentality shown to me in the last while, has made me really wonder where the world is heading.

MrDave, with all do respect, the television is far worse than this board will ever be. It is impossible to shelter todays youths from the world because it is far more accessible(internet,tv,radio,paper).I understand that my values may be different from yours or others on here, but it doesn't neccisarily make them right, just different. I also believe in passing on good morals to the younger generation the way I had them passed on to me. But I also believe that parenting is the job of the parent and not the world. I'm not too sure where you have seen anybody on this board break the law but I assure you nobody on this board would condone those actions. I am not trying to pick a fight with you here. I for one, have had mostly a good experience on here.

Reeves1
03-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Nearly fell off my chair reading this topic ! :lol:

Guy comes on here and states a fact (not many posting....out of 7,825 members) .
Want's a few other sites to look at where the BS that ALWAYS seems to take place here, is not so much there.

Now the topic has taken on a new life that is about generations of people yet to be born !

You guys crack me up sometimes ! :lol:

packhuntr
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I find it funny too Reeves:lol::lol:. A guy posts saying what he did, and isnt smart enough to understand why its detrimental to released fish to hang them by their heads for a weight!!!:lol: I wonder why we dont have nooses in the bathroom for weighing ourselves, instead of the ever so common on floor bathroom scale!!:lol: And hes looking for a forum that is full of hardcor fisherman in Alberta that doesnt care about the fisheries,,,, basically where anything goes in the year 2009!!!:lol::lol:Ahhhhh, you guys are a funny lot!!!:lol::lol: Too funny, stop now, just stop!!:lol::lol:

Reeves1
03-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome to: rabidrack.com

Rack , I really can see posting info on the proper care, handling and conservation.

But on this site there are several that think using Thor's Hammer to pound on peoples heads what they believe is the ONLY way to do things, is not the way to get things done.

It drives people away from posting and this site, as has been stated many times here over the years.

Try a tack hammer. You'll be listened to a lot more.

packhuntr
03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
All anyone is saying is that the educational aids and tools are out there for all folks, young, old, no one is deprived the knowledge. Its very attainable, ESPECIALLY for the folks fortunate enough to have a computer. Should it be more redily available for Albertans, I would say yes, and thats probuably something that should be made priority by the Alberta Government. Something many have been saying for a looooong time. At any rate, this forum is a great tool for learning, we all have capitalized on it in one way shape or form im sure. But to come up with a thread that is built to basically blow the doors off the place seeking another that is into fishing, but not so much into caring and sharing information about fishing today, is a silly thing to do. I have to ask, how many threads chock full of information about fisheries, C&R, proper handling techniques etc,,,, albeit info from average every day guys (us) did this guy blow right past while reading older threads, seeking ones that had content where someone may have been cornered about how they are handling a frail resource?? C&R and proper fish handling techniques are widely accepted the world over, it is no secret that these froms of conservation work. We need to find out why it isnt accepted by the majority of the fishing population in Alberta,,,, I guess???

Hammer Handle
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I didn't blow by any of the threads I try to read them all. I'm just saying if you were not fishing with him how do you know how he handled the fish. As far as not caring about the fishery I've fished Alberta for 25 years the last thing I want to see is the fishery decline I keep some of what I catch but I let way more go than I keep. Believe me I'm no angel years ago I kept alot of fish but times are changing and fishing pressure keeps increasing so we need to adjust our thinking. All I'm saying is give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Mish
03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
If you're going to leave, leave. Don't make a big stink of it. I don't know why people think this board is so negative. It's not. In a perfect world of rainbows and cotton candy maybe we would all agree on every last detail. But this is no such boring world. And I for one, am glad for it. I've gained so much knowledge from the kind people on here. To the people who scream for attention and think this board is so negative, Google other hunting & fishing forums. We don't need you here.

Walleyes
03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
:lol: :lol: I get a kick out of how a day and a half ago you were leaving but yet you continue to post ???

Listen,,, take the good with the bad,, don't be so insecure that a little ridicule once in a while scares you off,, suck it up a and continue on or don't but don't cry.

You did something that in some peoples eyes is wrong.. You went ahead and posted it on a public site, you got called on it big deal. Learn from your mistake and move on..