PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good place to fish and camp help

Fishislife1
08-06-2016, 08:33 PM
I have couple of days off this week and was looking to take the boat out and camp out somewhere outside of Edmonton. If anyone has any idea where, it would be much appreciated as i am not familiar with any lakes worth fishing outside of Edmonton that you can use a gas motor boat.

Thanks!

clarky
08-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Head up north to athabasca area. That's where I spend my time and it's never a disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old dog
08-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Pigeon lake provincial park. Good government site and good walleye fishing. But it is catch and release unless u have tags

cube
08-09-2016, 09:11 AM
I have couple of days off this week and was looking to take the boat out and camp out somewhere outside of Edmonton. If anyone has any idea where, it would be much appreciated as i am not familiar with any lakes worth fishing outside of Edmonton that you can use a gas motor boat.

Thanks!

Close by Wabamun and Pigeon Lakes.

If you want nice beaches Lesser Slave.

I would also consider Lake Land Provincial park as nice if you don't mind a bit of gravel roads.

Gary K
08-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Pigeon lake provincial park. Good government site and good walleye fishing. But it is catch and release unless u have tags

Pigeon worth trying from shore?

Red Bullets
08-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Buck lake has good fishing for a few species and more than one campground. No blue green algae.

Pigeon has blue green algae. Wouldn't want to be breathing in that stink all day.

Red Bullets
08-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Pigeon worth trying from shore?

Pigeon can be fished from shore only in a few places. And even at those places you have to be willing to wade out to do better. And now with the blue green algae in the lake it wouldn't be advisable to go in the water. I have gotten hives a couple times at Pigeon by wading and fishing for an afternoon. Wear waders maybe.

In front of the provincial park is fishable by wading.