PDA

View Full Version : Underwater camera question

KDderAngler
08-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Hey there,
does anyone have experience with the AquaVu Scout XL underwater camera?
Would be using it for ice fishing, does it show a good picture in deeper water and how good is the battery on it? Any info is appreciated or maybe you can recommend a different model, i don't want to spend more than $300 -$400.
I feel bad for saying it but i can't wait for hard water season:sHa_shakeshout:
Thanks in advance

TROLLER
08-07-2016, 06:55 PM
None of them really keep any colour when you go deep, however the Marcum seems to be one of the really good ones that I have fished with.

I have a cheap Acu view and it works for me but again the colour Marcum that I have seen sure is nice.

I do not think any of them are going to work very well in real deep water such as what you would fish in at Spray. Keep checking kijiji you may find a real good used one pop up and check the fishing items for sale on this site as well. You never know you could get lucky.

huntsfurfish
08-07-2016, 07:19 PM
I have an Aqua Vu Scout. Was my first UW camera. Was very happy with it and still use it ice fishing. Never used it(so far) over 35 feet. But I did get a 100 foot camera and cable for it(extra one). Came with short cable.

Has a good picture at 30ish, would think it would be good as far down as you have good light conditions/clear water. Black and white.

That said, I have 3 large screen Marcums(LX9 and 825). Better camera and colour but costly. 75 foot cable.

happyfisher
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I love the fishphone.....and i use my 12" tablet works great......but i have a shack...so.....not worried about durability.....