PDA

View Full Version : Tiger trout...east twin lake. .?

NorthernAbGuy
08-13-2016, 01:39 AM
So I do not see any threads from 2016 about Tiger trout. Did they all winter kill after the big liability scare that shut down most of the aeration programs? I'd like to go out to East twin lake (NB3) to give it a try, please message me if you have fished East Twin this year. Thanks in advance.

RavYak
08-13-2016, 09:07 AM
No idea about East Twin but honestly if it has any fish left I hope people don't broadcast it on here considering how the anglers ruined the other lakes...

Good old AEP crapped the bed and many of the tigers are already gone due to the freezer fillers. I can't help but wonder if they even attempted to add them as a species here in AB because you would think by now almost a year later they could have sorted the regulations out...

wbaj
08-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Yep, very badly handled. I watched 4 guys this spring keep at least 75 during the few hours I fished beside and around them at the Tofield area lake. I spoke to them several times about the objective of the program but to no availed. They simply played the " I dont understand English" card and kept throwing them into their cooler. It took all I had to walk away without a physical confrontation! I did talk to the caretaker and he told me he could deny them access and promised he would do just that. I saw him drive out there on his side-by- side hopefully to jot down his plate number.
Problem is they just use someone else's car the next trip out!!

EZM
08-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Yep, very badly handled. I watched 4 guys this spring keep at least 75 during the few hours I fished beside and around them at the Tofield area lake. I spoke to them several times about the objective of the program but to no availed. They simply played the " I dont understand English" card and kept throwing them into their cooler. It took all I had to walk away without a physical confrontation! I did talk to the caretaker and he told me he could deny them access and promised he would do just that. I saw him drive out there on his side-by- side hopefully to jot down his plate number.

As frustrating as it was - I agree ....... BUT ........ unfortunately these guys didn't break any laws - but had you assaulted them, or the caretaker unlawfully blocked their access from the lake BOTH of YOU would have been charged.

Yeah it was mismanaged ..... yeah it sucks ...... It would be hard to watch people ruin a lake like that. Good thing you kept your cool.

Talking moose
08-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Still catching them. (Never been to east twin though)...

trigger7mm
08-13-2016, 11:25 PM

I know how you feel. It drives me crazy to think that there are people who could care less about anything other than filling the deep freeze, and have absolutely no regard for others, or for the future of the fishery. The fines on these guys should be way more than it already is. Funny how some of these losers always seem to not know what the rules are. What a conveniant excuse. I've seen the same thing happening at other local trout ponds in the past as well.