PDA

View Full Version : Battle lake

kanadaca
08-14-2016, 02:39 PM
How is the boat launch at Battle lake . Can you launch a 18 foot v hull fishing boat?

timsesink
08-14-2016, 03:22 PM
Be tough but doable. You'd need to be a loooong ways out. Don't forget the 12 kn/h speed limit.

idaman
08-14-2016, 03:35 PM
Not much of a launch at all no blocks of any sort, some people need to go quite always out to launch so needless to say it's fairly rough and rutted...
You sure wouldn't have known there was a 12k speed limit this morning out there, which is odd because it's really hard to miss the sign at the launch.

trophybook
08-14-2016, 03:58 PM
I don't think the 12km speed limit is for the entire lake.

idaman
08-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Nothing indicates it's only for a specific portion of the lake... So pretty sure it's the entire lake.

timsesink
08-14-2016, 05:39 PM
I don't think the 12km speed limit is for the entire lake.
It's for the entire lake. If you want to ski/wakeboard/play around head to Pidgeon.

trophybook
08-14-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't ski or wake board, talked to fish and wildlife last time I was out and asked him. has something to do with the nesting sites by the campground. Watch out for the deadheads

EZM
08-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I've launched my 18 foot lund Tyee boat in there (full windshield, 150 hp and deep v) and it works. Sometimes easy - other times not so much. Depends on water level really.

I should also say that this launch is precisely why I went with a little suspension lift and some decent tires on my truck ....... it can get pretty damn soft in there and you need to be able to spend some time in the deeper water and navigate out of the holes/mud. I've had a few wet and muddy adventures on that launch with my stock GMC a few years back. Just didn't have the clearance I needed and it took some work and some swearing to get out.

Not sure how the launch is this year.

r-von
08-15-2016, 10:48 PM
I was there two weekends ago and the boat launch was pretty washed out compared to earlier in the year. There was about a 6-8" drop to get down into the water and the lip was getting rutted up from people backing down into the water. My 16' jon went in pretty easy on the left side of the launch but i was pretty well right in the weeds.

kanadaca
08-16-2016, 04:25 PM
thanks all